Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Shot Leather SME

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    What's the wait like?
    I am on the list for one as of today.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    What's the wait like?
    In a couple weeks I will be at 24 months....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Does anybody happen to know if the SME can be made to accommodate an RDO. Bonus points if it's a PX4 compact with an RDO...
    Posted today:

http://instagram.com/p/Ce4KRRLPfr3/

Site Supporter
    Thanks for posting that. I thought I was following him but I guess the old account got disabled.

Site Supporter
    Well shit. I emailed asking about an SME for a Beretta PX4 Compact with RDO set up for a 1 3/4 inch belt, right side carry and the ability to alternate between the belt loops and DCC monoblock clips and..."Yes sir, no problem." So now I have a dilemma. Do I order one or do I think about it for a while, go back and forth on it and then order one?

I've tried several SME, and I never cared for the short ones. But that goes for any AIWB rig, as I prefer 5" (government/g34) length holsters. Also, if I were to try can AIWB a thicker pistol like a glock, I'd probably go with thinner Kydex

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    the SME is the best leather AIWB rig going. I prefer it above all other kydex AIWB holsters as well. I converted my leather loops to DCC monoblock clips, but now you can order it that way from 5Shot. I don't care for the leather loops, as they add thickness, and aren't perfectly spaced for my pant loops. The SME with DCC loops work perfectly with my Tenicor belt, and my OXbelt.

I also use the 5" 1911 rig for the BHP. It fits very well, and even blocks the custom, extended thumb safety on my BHP. I did not like the shorter length of the SME for a commander, so I stick to 5" regardless of slide length
    So I've been wondering about this. If you use a leather holster with longer muzzle length than the gun, does the extra leather at the muzzle end up being compromised and collapse? Seems to me like it would, which is why I figured Kydex was the only way to go for extra length holsters.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    So I've been wondering about this. If you use a leather holster with longer muzzle length than the gun, does the extra leather at the muzzle end up being compromised and collapse? Seems to me like it would, which is why I figured Kydex was the only way to go for extra length holsters.
    The sme is really stout, and no issues so far with the shorter BHP in the longer holster

I have SMEs for a Glock 19 with a dot; hk45c; 92centurion rdo; and 5" 1911. all have the DCC clip instead of the leather belt loop.

All are great - short, long, etc.

This thread definitely needs more pictures.

I take it that the following from the 5Shot Leather website is not still the case.

Due to the contruction of the SME, no options are available, and Black is the only color offered.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List