Thread: Hornady subsonic 300 blk

Hornady subsonic 300 blk

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/subsonic#!/

Looks interesting, may have to test…

Of note, this ammo has a flat tip and longer slits to help expansion.

Their previous black ammo with pointed flex tip did NOT expand at SBR velocities.
    Last edited by JCN; 06-14-2022 at 07:12 AM.

Are you not reloading yet?
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This was discussed fairly extensively about two years ago back when we were all having the PDW and .300 BLK enabling threads.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This was discussed fairly extensively about two years ago back when we were all having the PDW and .300 BLK enabling threads.
    Was that particular round available at the time? I’m not trying to be snarky, it just sounded like this was a new loading (and I can’t find it commercially available). The name is nondescript enough that it foils search terms.

Their previous subsonic offering didn’t expand.

EDIT: found it! Thanks!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-BCM-9in/page3

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are you not reloading yet?
    Not yet! Still more money than time, lol.

Just bought 300 blackout brass cased 147 for 55 cents per round for practice which still trips my “okay” meter.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Was that particular round available at the time? I’m not trying to be snarky, it just sounded like this was a new loading (and I can’t find it commercially available). The name is nondescript enough that it foils search terms.

Their previous subsonic offering didn’t expand.

EDIT: found it! Thanks!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-BCM-9in/page3
    You're welcome.

As a sidebar, it's kinda silly that they're marketing the pistol rounds in the "Subsonic" branding. The standard versions of the 9mm, .40 and .45 at the bullet weights they're loading are subsonic. So it's very much "label engineering," as far as I can see.

As for finding it, I suggest setting up a large number of "back in stock" notices with a bunch of different retailers. Usually, a distributor will get it in stock and you'll start getting the notices in your inbox. When the first one hits, go check gun.deals with the UPC and check all the dealers listed to see who shows it actually in stock. Including the ones that gun.deals shows with it out of stock. You'll probably end up with the soonest availability and the best price that way.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ve been happy with it from a reliability standpoint. Used it in local steel matches a couple years ago. Recently snagged a few more boxes when Midway USA got some back in stock. Usually by the time I see the email what I wanted is gone but I got lucky this time.

User Tag List