Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer Is Here. 114 And Shot Our Steel Challenge Match.

I have gotten heat sick twice this summer. Mostly because I'm dumb and underhydrated. Both times I have woken up and my body temperature is raised, I have a head ache, and I still that way for most of the day. I have been lifting almost everyday, biking on my nordic track for 20-40 minutes everyday and a 30 minute walk outside everyday even if it's hot. I am pretty sure this second time made me realize I'm not twenty anymore, beer is not a okay oh high exertion days, and to take better care of myself.

Site Supporter
    I recall this. I was taking a class in TX summer. One participant had survived significant burns as a child. Thus, he had large areas of skin that regrew but did not sweat. He went over in serious heat crisis about mid afternoon. It was mildly hot the other day in NYS. I kept drinking at the match. I did notice when I got home, despite putting down quite a few bottles of water, I hardly had to urinate and my little pee was dark. Need to drink more. Problem at a match is that if you have to pee, it's a long hike to the port-a-peepee. At this range, you cannot just go the woods as they are in the potential 180 deg OOPS of the firing positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    If you were my brother, we'd open a bottle of Jack Daniel's and have a long talk about judgement.
    Would the banana whiskey be there as a demonstration of poor judgement?

(Sorry, I had to. Don't know the prices in your neck of the woods, but over here the price of a bottle of Jack is insane compared to the lack of quality. I mean, Bulleit Bourbon is pretty much the exact same price and Eagle Rare only slightly more expensive. Can't understand why anyone would choose Jack Daniels over, for example, those two.)

User Tag List