Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Low Profile Kydex (or injection molded) Light Carrier/Holster

Site Supporter

Looking for Low Profile Kydex (or injection molded) Light Carrier/Holster

Looking for a minimalist 1.5 inch belt loop Kydex/Injection Molded flashlight carrier for:

A. Surefire e1B with a Malkoff head (Bezel is approx. 1.10 inches)

B. Quark 4 Sevens 1 cell (CR 123) (Bezel is approx. .85 inches)

The paradigm is similar to that of the Custom Carry Concept Basic Mag Carrier- the absolute intersection of Function and Leanness.

THX in advance. If I have forgotten a needed parameter, please let me know and I will add.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Watching closely … interested in the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately there are few if any good current choices. Hopefully a holster maker who works in Kydex or other polymers will produce something.

The CCC basic light pouch was a really nice design.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I used to want the same thing. But I got hooked on Blue Force nylon belt pouches. They are sold as mag carriers but they accommodate a bezel-down diameter from 1 to 1.4 inches. I have other nylon belt pouches from a couple of other companies (SnakeEater, Mastermind) and even a belt tourniquet pouch for bigger lights. Any light I carry has a Thyrm Switchback so bezel down is a must for me. Another benefit of the nylon pouches is that it just collapses down to nothing when the light is not in them. The only drawback is that you can't put the light back into the pouch with one hand - which has never been an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I used to want the same thing. But I got hooked on Blue Force nylon belt pouches. They are sold as mag carriers but they accommodate a bezel-down diameter from 1 to 1.4 inches. I have other nylon belt pouches from a couple of other companies (SnakeEater, Mastermind) and even a belt tourniquet pouch for bigger lights. Any light I carry has a Thyrm Switchback so bezel down is a must for me. Another benefit of the nylon pouches is that it just collapses down to nothing when the light is not in them. The only drawback is that you can't put the light back into the pouch with one hand - which has never been an issue for me.
    I use the BFG pouches with RCS pocket shield to carry a macro stream & pom spray or 2 speedstrips for the 43c or a spare mag for the G48 or 365xl.

I have one from Wilder Tactical, but I would need to check the dimensions.

Site Supporter
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

https://www.powertacusa.com/Category...light_holsters

I have one for the E9/E5 and one or two for the E5R-G4.
    The E5 is .99 in.
    The E5R-G4 is 1.1 in
    I also have a couple of the Nylon holsters that came with the lights.
    The E5 is my EDC and the holster looks like new. These things are tough.
    I also found that if they need to be adjusted for tension a heat gun works very well to loosen or tighten.
    I wear these on a 1.5 in. Wilderness instructor belt and they stay on until you take them off. They won't fall off on their own.
    I used the nylon holster that came with the E5 until I wore it out. Cut the flap off and the elastic was snug enough to hold the light in place.
    After I wore it out I opted for the polymide holsters.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Site Supporter
    I ordered a couple of these yesterday.

ttps://www.etsy.com/listing/257558164/kydex-adjustable-retention-flashlight?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=a ll&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=kydex+flas hlight+holder&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&sts=1&variation0=2427993171&variation1=8338355 17

While I will not know how it works until it arrives, the seller is responsive, and the reviews are good.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 08-04-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I ordered a couple of these yesterday.

ttps://www.etsy.com/listing/257558164/kydex-adjustable-retention-flashlight?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=a ll&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=kydex+flas hlight+holder&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&sts=1&variation0=2427993171&variation1=8338355 17

While I will not know how it works until it arrives, the seller is responsive, and the reviews are good.
    Received the shipping notification today. That was fast for an item which is made to order.

User Tag List