Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watching Ozark, Wondering: "What's It Like To Live On A Big Lake?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've got a friend who lives on Lake of the Ozarks year-round. She told me that in the summer, it's as though they've turned on a giant Asshole Magnet that pulls people in from 200 miles around.
    This applies to every body of water everywhere.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've got a friend who lives on Lake of the Ozarks year-round. She told me that in the summer, it's as though they've turned on a giant Asshole Magnet that pulls people in from 200 miles around.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    This applies to every body of water everywhere.
    At least with the oceans, the Asshole Magnet is only pulling from a semicircle.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A few friends of mine live on small lakes that are big enough to run a jet ski or ski boat on, but don't have public boating access. So you get the best of both unless one of your neighbors is a jerk... but that's a risk anywhere.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I grew up on Lake Murray and my mother still lives there.

They typically draw it down in the winter both to help control hydrilla and for folks to make dock repairs.

Depending upon how deep your dock is you may or may not leave the boat tied year round. Many people have lifts to keep it out of the water or use the winter for maintenance.

The fishing is fine.

People don't really pull into your yard unless they know you or are having an issue.

Since its a reservoir the level is controlled by Dominion Energy. They also own to the 360ft mark and you need their approval to build docks, cut trees, or to build a fence on that land. There are likely some decorative iron fences around but they are very few and far between.

I had not seen that as a feature til now. Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Except for Hawaii they get to deal with asshole tourists from the west and the east, or so I’ve heard.

Paging @theJanitor

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Except for Hawaii they get to deal with asshole tourists from the west and the east, or so I’ve heard.

Paging @theJanitor
    We pray they come. Then curse when they do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I've watched about 3 episodes of season 1.
    When I see a character outside at night, asleep outside at night, I envision them being devoured by mosquitos; but so far no mosquitos.
    The episodes by the lake were filmed a few miles from my house here in Georgia. Yes we have mosquitos. Little bastards you can't feel when they land on you, then they bite. Nothing like northern mosquitos.

User Tag List