Thread: SRO and Strike Jellyfish Cover

SRO and Strike Jellyfish Cover

Haven't been able to find too much info on these, wondering if anyone here uses one and if anyone did any testing ( purposely or not) on whether they help protect the glass from drops or impacts. Also im thinking the grippy material might be an issuer clearing a covering garment. thanks

Site Supporter
    Had to look it up. Here's a link to save you from google. Have no experience with this.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-sro-cover.html
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

As a possible alternative, I'm having the JagerWerks BROS metal SRO shield cover installed as a part of an ongoing slide/mill install job.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

One consideration is your fixed rear sight position. I don’t have theJellyfish, but I do have a protective cover for storage made by RangePanda. My BUIS sits directly behind my SRO, co the cover would not slider over. I just cut the back off the cover and glued on a small plastic tab

I haven't used that exact product, but had the model they make for the RMR. I don't think it would offer enough protection to be worth it.

I liked the one for the RMR because it completely covered the glass and I used it for storage and cleaning to keep chemicals off of the glass. I've also had good luck using the RangePanda model for the SRO for the same purpose when I had one.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I haven't used that exact product, but had the model they make for the RMR. I don't think it would offer enough protection to be worth it.

I liked the one for the RMR because it completely covered the glass and I used it for storage and cleaning to keep chemicals off of the glass. I've also had good luck using the RangePanda model for the SRO for the same purpose when I had one.
    I have also had great luck with the Range Panda model for the Trijicon SRO used for precisely the same purpose as described.

User Tag List