Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal 9BPLE +P+ in a S&W M&P 9c?

Federal 9BPLE +P+ in a S&W M&P 9c?

I recently inherited an older case of Federal 115gr 9BPLE HP (older law enforcement rounds) ammo. I would like to use some of them in my M&P 9c since I have a whole case now, but some say it may be unsafe. I'm looking for opinions. Thanks in advance!

Here’s what’s in the Smith & Wesson owner’s manual.

Name:  4AF90265-6D45-4C16-BFCC-92115A2366E2.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  70.3 KB

In general use of +P+ is fine, but if it is specifically forbade in the Smith Manual, I would expect use of it may void your warranty.

I think many of us (myself included) have used 9BPLE in the past without issue.

I've lost count of how many rounds of 9BPLE I've shot over the last couple of decades. Most of that was through Sigs or Glocks, though.

My rule of thumb is if it's SPECIFICALLY prohibited by the manufacturer, I tend to follow those rules.

Gotta find some of that .40 & .357Sig +p+ for….. a friend.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Gotta find some of that .40 & .357Sig +p+ for….. a friend.
    That's called 10mm and 9x25 Dillon, man.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That's called 10mm and 9x25 Dillon, man.
    Man, when you’re right, you’re right!😁
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by dawoq View Post
    I recently inherited an older case of Federal 115gr 9BPLE HP (older law enforcement rounds) ammo. I would like to use some of them in my M&P 9c since I have a whole case now, but some say it may be unsafe. I'm looking for opinions. Thanks in advance!
    9BPLE is not a real "+p+" - typically around 42kpsi - but rather a full power +P at around 38.5kpsi. It's perfectly safe to fire and has been for decades.

Corbon/Undwerwood/Buffalo Bore 115gr +P and the new 115gr M1152 FMJ 'NATO' load have equal or higher velocity at +P pressure, whereas a true +p+ 115gr 42kpsi load would be around 1450fps.

Fire with confidence.

I always get a laugh at the manufacturer's claims and this ammo will void your warranty, or the silly Glock "using reloads" voids your warranty. Short of a kaboom come apart, there is no way for them to prove you have been using over pressure ammo or reloads.

I don't have an M&P, but have used and chronographed a fair amount of 9BPLE over the years in a variety of other pistols and revolvers. This would include Ruger and S&W revolvers, semi-auto SIGs, Colts, Glocks, S&Ws, HKs, etc. Also chronographed it in a couple carbines. Nothing scary or even unusual to report.

FWIW, The old CorBon 115 grain JHP ammo, labeled as only +P, routinely produced velocities as high or higher than any Winchester or Federal 115 +P+ I ever chronographed.

User Tag List