Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HYDROGEN FUELED

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    From the first link:

A major producer of oil and gas, BP says it's aiming to become a net-zero company by the year 2050 or before. It's one of many major firms to have made a net-zero pledge in recent years.
    Yeah.

Their leadership went along with a trend of virtue signaling by companies and making a long term pledge.

But none of their senior leadership will be around to be judged on their performance in adhering to that plan, and 28 years from now I doubt they really expect to be held to their promises. They'll have collected their golden parachutes and retired to whichever vacation home is sunny and 75 on whatever time of year it happens to be.

Let's not forget that first part about BP being a major producer of oil and gas.

Maybe this actually is about their attempts to focus on renewable energy...time shall tell. Until such time, I will exercise my right to an extremely high dose of skepticism.

I'm just saying, maybe someone should remember the name of which CEO made that promise and follow up with him or her 30 years from now.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Anecdote Alert:

Some years ago a greenie was telling an Arab that solar power would supplant fossil fuels.
    The Arab said "This is not a problem for us, who has more sunshine than Arabia?"

Heinlein devised the Shipstone ultra high capacity electrical storage device in 'Friday'. Mrs Shipstone told Mr Shipstone to not patent his invention, which would have required disclosure of its operation, but to keep it a trade secret, backed up by tamperproof construction, it would blow up if opened.
    The other smart thing was to plow profits into sunny real estate and solar collectors to keep Shipstones charged.
    I haven’t read that in decades. I just added it to my Kindle.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    From the first link:

A major producer of oil and gas, BP says it's aiming to become a net-zero company by the year 2050 or before. It's one of many major firms to have made a net-zero pledge in recent years.
    Every publicly-traded energy company is saying that right now, in the current ESG environment it's required. Like putting up a pride-flag logo in June to prove you bend the knee to the right groups.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

My personal opinion is theres no getting out of moving away from oil. Personally Im all for it as long theres not a disruption and the price for the consumer is low.
    I doubt if Im still around by then but I would think one day everything will be powered on board/on site by a device with a refuel schedule that is measured in years or decades.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Yeah.

Their leadership went along with a trend of virtue signaling by companies and making a long term pledge.

But none of their senior leadership will be around to be judged on their performance in adhering to that plan, and 28 years from now I doubt they really expect to be held to their promises. They'll have collected their golden parachutes and retired to whichever vacation home is sunny and 75 on whatever time of year it happens to be.

Let's not forget that first part about BP being a major producer of oil and gas.

Maybe this actually is about their attempts to focus on renewable energy...time shall tell. Until such time, I will exercise my right to an extremely high dose of skepticism.

I'm just saying, maybe someone should remember the name of which CEO made that promise and follow up with him or her 30 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Every publicly-traded energy company is saying that right now, in the current ESG environment it's required. Like putting up a pride-flag logo in June to prove you bend the knee to the right groups.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Yeah.

I definitely feel you on this.... It definitely could go that way... but... I'm going to remain hopeful that they're serious about it... It's a lot of cash to spend on virtue signaling. Maybe.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Fossil fuels will eventually be supplanted by renewables. .
    In the future of 1930, 'The Black Star Passes' John W. Campbell, the lead character was aboard a giant ten engined airliner flying coast to coast. He looked out the porthole at the vast fields far below, at the corn grown for fuel alcohol and cornstalks to be burnt to charcoal to refine the increasingly poor iron ore from Mesabi. Neighboring fields had bumper crops of castor beans to provide lubricating oil. But the machines were so advanced, it only took a few men to farm a county.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List