Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visible Wireless?

Visible Wireless?

Thinking of switching to Visible Wireless. Unlimited everything for $25 per line. Powered by Verizon. Anybody tried it yet?

https://www.visible.com/plan?CMP=Mar...b&gclsrc=3p.ds

When I hear "Visible Wireless," I think this:

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Thinking of switching to Visible Wireless. Unlimited everything for $25 per line. Powered by Verizon. Anybody tried it yet?

https://www.visible.com/plan?CMP=Mar...b&gclsrc=3p.ds
    A buddy of mine (RIP) was a field supervisory technician for whatever AT&T Wireless morphed to, and he always said the issue with these kinds of companies was they were reselling excess bandwidth and got shed or even had calls bounced when the host network got busy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A buddy of mine (RIP) was a field supervisory technician for whatever AT&T Wireless morphed to, and he always said the issue with these kinds of companies was they were reselling excess bandwidth and got shed or even had calls bounced when the host network got busy.
    Looks like Visible is actually owned by Verizon

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/what-visible

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Looks like Visible is actually owned by Verizon

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/what-visible
    You must be giving up something for the lower price.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You must be giving up something for the lower price.
    You have to let the horses watch....

Name:  615D03F6-F600-4D64-A83E-0BBFE6CEDB27.jpeg
Views: 364
Size:  81.5 KB

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm not familiar with Visible, but their prices seem roughly analogous to Mint Mobile. My wife and I have gone full VoIP, so we only use Mint for data when we're away from WiFi (which is rare), but it seems to work.

I think the price savings comes because the resellers aren't throwing in extra bells and whistles, like subscriptions to streaming services, overseas calling, et cetera.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I looked into Visible but found too many complaints about throttling during peak hours. And unless there's been a recent change they cap video at 480p.

When the derecho came through here a few years ago and knocked out power and some cell towers over a large area everyone I know who didn't have Verizon or ATT was fucked. Everyone was on their phones so the second fiddle companies were lucky to even connect for a call. As much as I hate paying for Verizon I always go back to that when I think about switching to something cheaper. Emergencies don't come along often but when they do I want my shit to work. I know Verizon owns Visible but I'm quite certain that in those situations there would be a difference.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Including taxes and fees, I pay $115 a month for 4 lines with veteran pricing at Verizon. Real close to that $25/mo per line and no worries about throttling, dropped calls, etc. Verizon is also the only one that gets coverage on my rural property. If you're a vet, first responder, or anyone else who qualifies for one of their discount plans and need multiple lines, it's likely near enough in cost to make no difference.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I was looking at Mint Mobile. $15 unlimited sounds pretty good. I'm not sure how much I'd really care about throttling, never having experienced it. Or maybe I don't use the phone in the way I'd notice. Most of my phone use is at home through Wifi.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List