Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Know thine enemy.

Dialing for dollars they are.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, it looks like it is time for firearms/shooting/tactical instructors, who use Eventbrite, to reconsider…

Personally, I already viewed Eventbrite as at least border-line fraudulent, anyway, for failure to deliver what I needed to attend one in-person event, and failure to send a necessary sign-in code for a virtual event.
    I thought that our own @John Murphy had started to switch to a different service

https://www.shootingclasses.com/
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Vimeo is not uncommonly used for hosting pay-for-access instructional material. GoPro is very popular with gamers who like recording the first view imagery or put a small camera downrange.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

AutoDesk is kind of a serious addition to that list. They make AutoCAD and many other programs that anyone in engineering/film/animation may use regularly. I've used AutoCAD and Maya before. There are freeware CAD programs, but Maya is tough to replace for animation purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Maybe he owns their Nomex line.
    I often wondered which was worse: certainly being slow-roasted by my Nomex costume or possibly burned up in the event of a mishap. Probably best that Uncle Sam didn't offer much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I thought that our own @John Murphy had started to switch to a different service

https://www.shootingclasses.com/
    Yup! Same reason I left Shopify, but I note there are fewer and fewer places to move to.

I must live a simple life. In a very quick scroll, I did not see any companies with which I do business. I wore button fly 501s back in the 80s when I fit, but I haven't purchased a Levi's product in over 30 years that I can recall.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Only heard of a few of these companies and doubt I use/buy any

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List