Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RDS for an AUG: SIG Romeo8T vs. Steiner DRS1X vs. Holosun AEMS vs.SIG Romeo4T

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was planning on mounting the optic rearward of the charging handle range - I saw several member’s rifles set up that way in the big AUG thread starting with DB’s Comp M4 in the early pages. That was one of the reasons I rep went with the long rail version. I’m a little concerned about eye relief, so I will wait until it’s here and try a few of my current optics for fit first. Does that affect your suggestion?

Attachment 90054
    No but I hate RDS optics mounted all the way to the rear.. I find it slower and easier to get sucked into the optic in practical use.

A Romeo4T or Holosun AEMS should be fine anywhere on the rail.

I use a Manticore Switchback Charging Handle on my A3, it extends and lowers the CH and folds flat when not in use. I’ve used it for about 5-6 years in the occasional two-gun shoot and am happy with it so far.

My PRO is mounted to the back of the rail so it’s already out of the way, but when I get home tonight I’ll get a measurement/pics between the Manticore and rail when locked back.

They’re currently out of stock, unfortunately.

https://manticorearms.com/product/sw...g-handle-mini/

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    I use a Manticore Switchback Charging Handle on my A3, it extends and lowers the CH and folds flat when not in use. I’ve used it for about 5-6 years in the occasional two-gun shoot and am happy with it so far.

My PRO is mounted to the back of the rail so it’s already out of the way, but when I get home tonight I’ll get a measurement/pics between the Manticore and rail when locked back.

They’re currently out of stock, unfortunately.

https://manticorearms.com/product/sw...g-handle-mini/
    I appreciate that - if it looks like the way I want to go I’ll go pester Sven.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Manticore Switchback locked into the up position

Manticore Switchback with bolt fully rearward

While the optic is behind the charging handle, these two pics should give you an idea on the amount of clearance. This is the giant knob on the Aimpoint QRP2 mount

I forgot to mention, and this may be a dealbreaker for some, but the Manticore Switchback removes the forward assist capability. Personally I prefer to work the action and clear the existing round out. You can also push forward on the exposed bolt carrier through the ejection port.

Thanks, @S Jenks - those really help! I’m going to see how I get on with the stock handle first.

I decided to stick with another Romeo4T for now, anyways especially since Lanbo’s has silly pricing on the 1MOA version. They are compact and narrow, and I’m used to them. I didn’t order a mount yet, I need to see what height works for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm a big Holosun AEMS fan and have no concerns about durability, the only one I've seen break online was one where someone way over torqued it to the rail then dropped it while the optic was under that static stress.

User Tag List