Thread: Does anyone have any experience with the SIG Romeo8T?

Does anyone have any experience with the SIG Romeo8T?

I have an AUG coming, and am considering my optical sight options. A prism is in the running, as is my go-to Romeo4T. I’ve learned to really like the higher grade SIG optics, I’m not a hard user but they seem to be well respected by those that do.

I’ve checked out the Romeo8T over at the academy pro shop a few times now, and am thinking one would be a good fit on an AUG that is being set up as a house gun.

Does anyone have any time on them? They may be too new, and I’m not finding anything here in search.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I've got one on a 16" 9mm PCC. I'm a fan, the stack of dots is nice on 5-25 yard paper, even if the whole reticle (Center dot, stack of dots, outer ring) can be a bit much. I've shot it with all the different reticles and find that I'm learning to prefer simplicity.

No problems to note, but I've only had it out for a 1-day class and a dozen or so trips to the range. I like it, and I'm glad it's the dot that I chose for that gun.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have an AUG coming, and am considering my optical sight options. A prism is in the running, as is my go-to Romeo4T. I’ve learned to really like the higher grade SIG optics, I’m not a hard user but they seem to be well respected by those that do.

I’ve checked out the Romeo8T over at the academy pro shop a few times now, and am thinking one would be a good fit on an AUG that is being set up as a house gun.

Does anyone have any time on them? They may be too new, and I’m not finding anything here in search.
    I’ve heard good things about them but like the EO Tech I think the issue with the AUG is the width of this optic vs the charging handle location.

Like HCM I've heard good things about them and, I think, it's made in the USA. At least not made in china if that's important to you as it is for me. But I have no experience with one. Vortex has a similar product also. EO Tech is proven and still in use by our military.
    Which ever you choose try to see it in person before you buy. My eyes don't always see a red dot sight as a dot so it is important to check before buying. As an example I had an Aimpoint Pro, good high quality sight. The dot wasn't a dot so I thought all RD sights were the same. Not so, When I looked through an Aimpoint Comp M4 I saw it as a dot, so I got one and sold the Pro.

I ended up passing on this for the AUG due to the width. I’ve handled them numerous times at the Academy, and am impressed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List