Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: clearing FTF

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Are you saying you reinsert the same magazine you pulled out?
    Correct, I have not had experienced any catastrophic failures from an oem magazine to the point it was not usable after removing it from the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    After 1 slide rack, I immediately rip the mag, lock the slide, reinsert the mag, and release the slide
    You've probably got ot programmed already, but I'd suggest after one rack locking the slide before ripping the mag.

What you are doing may be working on the pistol(s) you are using but, assuming you racked fully to the rear the forward movement of the slide will try to chamber another round. Depending on how the feed ramp is set up on the pistol you are using the round may be far enough up on the feed ramp that as you rip the mag you are actually pulling the round up through the magazine's lips.

This was a pretty common problem with Sig 220's. Generally, the round would be pulled from the magazine and fall out the mag well. On occasion, though, you would end up with a round sticking up still in the mag. At that point you either need to flip that round out of the mag or drop that mag and go with a new one.

This was common enough that we always loaded an extra round in the students shooting P220's when we were setting up the failure to extract drill during our standards evaluation so they would have enough rounds to finish the drill.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List