Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gray Man - July 22 on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Greaney's series, but not convinced that Netflix won't screw this up...

Damn, dude, this is the first I’ve heard of this. Thanks for the heads-up. I really dug the one book in the series that I read, bloody and stabby though it was. Actually, that’s why I dug it.

But you already knew that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I like the books and I really like Gosling as an actor...definitely watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I tried reading The Gray Man a number of years ago and just couldn't finish it. I've heard the series got better and keep pondering picking it back up.
    The series definitely gets better. I'm with you, I wasn't super impressed with the first couple, but stuck with it and now I'm hooked.

I just started book 3 (Ballistic) on my last flight, they are pretty entertaining reads so far. Good for killing time on long flights and not so deep that you forget what’s going on a week later when you get on the next plane. I just hope they don’t screw it up too bad like the American assassin movie. I loved that whole series but the movie didn’t live up to my expectations. I’ll definitely watch it though.

Site Supporter
    SW says: I expect anything produced by Netflix to be complete vapid garbage. [emphasis added]

An examination of the material produced by Netflix makes such an all encompassing statement suspect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_...original_films

2015- Beast of a Nation
    2016- The Siege of Jadotville
    2017- Sandy Wexler
    2018- The Polka King
    2019- El Camino, A Breaking Bad Movie
    2020- The Old Guard
    2021-14 Peaks, Nothing is Impossible
    2022- Downfall-The case Against Boeing

The list I cite above is illustrative, not exhaustive. It covers action thrillers, historical drama, comedy, fantasy, documentaries and investigative journalism.

In short- I humbly submit that "anything produced by Netflix" being "complete vapid garbage" is a demonstrably incorrect statement.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    SW says: I expect anything produced by Netflix to be complete vapid garbage. [emphasis added]

An examination of the material produced by Netflix makes such an all encompassing statement suspect
    I will add that I was incredibly entertained by "Extraction," in fact I think it's better than "John Wick."
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I’d say the Netflix originals have been decent for the most part. A few have been great. A few have been pretty bad. Definitely more good than bad overall, though.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

An examination of the material produced by Netflix makes such an all encompassing statement suspect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_...original_films

2015- Beast of a Nation
    2016- The Siege of Jadotville
    2017- Sandy Wexler
    2018- The Polka King
    2019- El Camino, A Breaking Bad Movie
    2020- The Old Guard
    2021-14 Peaks, Nothing is Impossible
    2022- Downfall-The case Against Boeing

The list I cite above is illustrative, not exhaustive. It covers action thrillers, historical drama, comedy, fantasy, documentaries and investigative journalism.

In short- I humbly submit that "anything produced by Netflix" being "complete vapid garbage" is a demonstrably incorrect statement.

(Personally, I found El Camino unwatchable. But..."That's baseball, Suzyn".)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Looks like Marvel, which is not usually my thing, but......... Anna de Armas Name:  Heart.gif
Views: 113
Size:  1.7 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    The series definitely gets better. I'm with you, I wasn't super impressed with the first couple, but stuck with it and now I'm hooked.
    Any idea when they get better? I might just skip ahead a few.

User Tag List