Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedex home delivery awful problems grab a gun problematic, bad comms

Fedex home delivery awful problems grab a gun problematic, bad comms

Preface
    I am very aware of normal shipping proceedures and normal problems that happen.

FEDEX HOME DELIVERY AWFUL PROBLEMS

In my area, north of Columbia SC FEDEX home delivery is truly shitty. It has never been as good as USPS or UPS here, not that either of those is perfect.

This was true even pre COVID but is much worse now.

In the past 2 weeks I have had 3 shipments that went badly. 1 from amazon, 2 from Grab A Gun who I am never dealing with again !

In all cases tracking # information was contradictory or unavailable.

1 package shipped from GAG in TX to SC and was returned to TX as incorrect address. They had my PO Box, Street address, email and phone. This is BS.
    I have been receiving at these addresses for 10+ years.

Amazon packages total 4 boxes, Tracking # said could not deliver not a valid address, I messaged for them to hold at FEDEX location.

Several days ago, 3 of the 4 were dumped at the end of my drive, no notification. 1 box torn open.

4th box is still floating around in the system ? FEDEX said it would be delivered yesterday. Has not shown up anywhere yet.

GRAB A GUN PROBLEMATIC, BAD COMMS

My problems with this vendor started with:

No delivery of a order,
    1 package shipped from TX to SC and was returned to TX as incorrect address. They had my PO Box, Street address, email and phone. This is BS. I have been receiving at these addresses for 10+ years.

No communication that I did not initiate. This was over several weeks.
    Order placed 5/13/22, order sent back to GAG (appropriate ) 5/31/22. I called 2 times. Still No help. 6/7/22 cancelled orders with GAG, refund my card.

CONCLUSIONS
    I will never deal with GAG again they do not communicate with you and when you call them they do not have solutions / explanations.

If a vendor offers only FEDEX home delivery I WILL NOT ORDER FROM THEM !

Per federal law, only USPS can use PO boxes. If a shipping address includes a PO box, UPS and FedEx will not deliver. When using carriers other than USPS, only provide physical shipping addresses.

Site Supporter
    FedEx does suck though.

Sorry for your troubles. My experience may be an outlier but I have only had good experiences with Grab A Gun. Can't say the same for FedEx, though.
    Last edited by Oldherkpilot; 06-08-2022 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Screwed it up

Same here regarding FedEx. I request non-FedEx shipping or typically order elsewhere. It's that bad. Located southeast of Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Per federal law, only USPS can use PO boxes. If a shipping address includes a PO box, UPS and FedEx will not deliver. When using carriers other than USPS, only provide physical shipping addresses.
    Actually, the private shippers have service that crosses over to USPS. My bestie is a postmaster, and she gets dropoffs for PO boxes all of the time. But it may be a special service, not run of the mill.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Never paid much attention to the shipper. I order and things eventually show up. Live in the suburbs of a large metro area in a large tri-state area.

Having said that I don't actually do much online shopping so maybe it's just that the law of large numbers hasn't caught up to me yet?!

I did have an issue with FedEx summer of 2020, while on lockdown. Sent a Sig back to Sig over the July 4th weekend. They were very serious about me making sure I would be home to receive it back because someone HAD to sign for it or FedEx would send it back. I was home and sure enough FedEx left the gun on my front door step. Didn't call, ring the bell, knock on the door.... nothing. I only knew because I happened to hear the delivery truck pull away

To Sig's credit they had it back to me within a few days. I sent it out on Friday of the July 4th long weekend. Sat, Sun I assume they were closed as well as Monday. Plus it was covid so I'm sure they were understaffed yet I had the gun back Tuesday or Wednesday

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 4RNR; 06-08-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I was home and sure enough FedEx left the gun on my front door step. Didn't call, ring the bell, knock on the door.... nothing. I only knew because I happened to hear the delivery truck pull away
    I bought an 1187P off GB and FedEx left the box (obviously long-gun sized and prominently marked "Remington") propped against the front door of my FFL (in a busy retail area). Luckily, I was watching tracking number, stopped by after work to see if they were there and found it before it walked off.

Site Supporter
    Shipping service quality seems to vary greatly by region.

Here in my little corner of Northern VA, FedEx and USPS are great, UPS a distant 2nd, and DHL a VERY distant 3rd. When given a choice, I always go with USPS or FedEx.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Actually, the private shippers have service that crosses over to USPS. My bestie is a postmaster, and she gets dropoffs for PO boxes all of the time. But it may be a special service, not run of the mill.
    It may be office specific as my PO in AL had multiple signs on the entry doors about not allowing DHL, FedEx, or UPS shipments to go to PO boxes.

Or it could be the partner programs where FedEx or UPS deliver to the PO who then makes the "last mile" delivery.

User Tag List