Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Shoot to Kill - Israeli Perspective for Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This. ^^^

To paraphrase the late Pat Rogers Israel is a 5th rate army which looks good because they only fight 12th rate armies.
    And, as far as I'm concerned they also have short, selective memories. Or maybe it's just a myth that we supplied them out of our war stocks in Europe, yep, that's it Operation Nickel Grass never happened.

Yep, just six years after they strafed the shit out of the USS Liberty we were dumb ass enough to help them out.

I try to remember to fly my Australian flag under the American flag on 8 May, 27 July, and 18 August to commemorate their memorial days for WWII, Korea, and VN. Unlike Israel, Australia has pretty much been with us through thick and thin.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    About Japan, watch some Korean movies. The law there also carry 5 shot revolvers with seemingly no reloads. They were only issued when 'needed'. Otherwise, they carried ASPs. Didn't work against invulnerable demons. Nor did the 5 shots. 3,3,3 and demons - not such a good idea. Great miniseries though.

Anyway, the article was FYI and reference if one has to deal with the issue. It keeps coming up, so one should know what's out there. Some politician will quote these experts. How many ex-military, police officers, gun writers have come up with denunciations of weapons of war and mass destruction? AR rounds that will go through the opponent, one wall and then another? Saw that the other day but didn't save it. It was from an ex-military, police officer and supporter of the 2A.

Not that Amy Klobuchar's Uncle Dick's deer rifle won't do that. She supports the 2nd Amendment as long as Uncle Dick can have his deer rifle. Screw Bambi's Mom.
    Klobuchar is proof that cliches have a basis in reality.

I hope she votes for this so her legendary abuse of her staff- she has a worse local reputation than Kamala Harris or Hillary Clinton- can be aired once again. I'd like to see her made un-re-electable in MN.

(ETA

The folks who published the article won't follow up when such police training is put into practice and found ineffective and legally unsupported.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 06-08-2022 at 11:52 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I also don't care what the British, Pakistani or Japanese police do.
    Looks like someone is just jealous in their final weeks on the job that their dream from the 90s never came true....

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    The folks who published the article won't follow up when such police training is put into practice and found ineffective and legally unsupported.
    Did you see where the article was from, I don't think they have same perspectives on legalisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Did you see where the article was from, I don't think they have same perspectives on legalisms.
    Oops, you are correct. I had thought it was a US based Jewish publication. Anyway, I meant today that the Georgia police dept that was trying it out will find it unusable under US laws and expectations.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Looks like someone is just jealous in their final weeks on the job that their dream from the 90s never came true....

I spent 6 months on the POST approved Expanded Course Outline for "Shooting On The Roll"!!! They just didn't have the vision to see its brilliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think I read someplace that only about 18% of the rounds fired by our police hit their intended target during a shooting. If that's true this is a really bad idea.

Maybe Israel cops have more training or experience in real life gun fights. Or maybe they don't get sued everytime they shoot someone.....regardless of the situation.

IDK because I'm not LE nor have I ever been involved in a shooting.
    I had one about 6 weeks ago. It’s harder than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I had one about 6 weeks ago. It’s harder than you think.
    No doubt. Glad you're still here.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Ayup. Maybe we should just have all our cops carry .38 SPL J frames, because that's what Japanese police carry.
    Careful what you say in jest...it might become policy.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Ayup. Maybe we should just have all our cops carry .38 SPL J frames, because that's what Japanese police carry.
    Careful what you say. Some imbecile will argue that we don't need calibers capable of blowing peoples lungs out of their bodies. Could be considered cruel and unusual punishment to get your lungs blown out.

Well. The active protection videos that sprout up form Israel show their cops to be horrible shots, cause I see little legs and arms getting perforated. Maybe those are military folks instead of cops...

The solution to not get shot at all is pretty simple IMO. Don't do stupid criminal stuff. The fact that we are constantly trying to figure out ways to not injure idiots who CHOOSE to do stupid criminal stuff states a lot about society in general, IMO. An unjustified shooting, irrelevant of the shot locations, is still unjustified. A justified shooting, irrelevant of the location is still justified. So WTF is the issue.

With a less than 20% hit ratio in a dynamic and stressful situation where the intended target is the biggest and possibly the most stable part of the human body, asking people to hit randomly moving small parts of the body is going to end up with more misses, and criminals doing stupid criminal things longer and causing more damage, injury or death. That's a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

User Tag List