Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Shoot to Kill - Israeli Perspective for Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    That will last right up til the first dude gets his penis shot off by the cops and wins the lawsuit for hundreds of millions of dollars.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Can we be done with pretending we should pay attention to anything these people say about firearms? Or firearms training? Sorry....I dont give a flying fuck what the Israeli Police do in their firearms training. It is legally, practically and morally totally irrelevant to me. The fact they anybody still perpetuates some of this old school Israeli bullshit is maddening. Israel is not the US. Their laws are not the same, their Constitution (government structure) is not the same, their history of military training (where this shit came from) is not the same. I also don't care what the British, Pakistani or Japanese police do. The only thing worse than American Police firearms training is the training given to every other Police force in the world.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Ayup. Maybe we should just have all our cops carry .38 SPL J frames, because that's what Japanese police carry.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    That will last right up til the first dude gets his penis shot off by the cops and wins the lawsuit for hundreds of millions of dollars.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Along those lines.

https://youtu.be/jQiMiNanIKE?t=141
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Can we be done with pretending we should pay attention to anything these people say about firearms? Or firearms training? Sorry....I dont give a flying fuck what the Israeli Police do in their firearms training. It is legally, practically and morally totally irrelevant to me. The fact they anybody still perpetuates some of this old school Israeli bullshit is maddening. Israel is not the US. Their laws are not the same, their Constitution (government structure) is not the same, their history of military training (where this shit came from) is not the same. I also don't care what the British, Pakistani or Japanese police do. The only thing worse than American Police firearms training is the training given to every other Police force in the world.
    This. ^^^

To paraphrase the late Pat Rogers Israel is a 5th rate army which looks good because they only fight 12th rate armies.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-08-2022 at 01:01 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Morons. How much training do they do in order to overcome the degradation in fine motor control in stress situations so that they can hit the center/outside of the leg?

Carry a gun with the chamber empty (if they're going to carry a gun that takes both hands to get into action, they should carry a ****ing Uzi). Aim for the legs. They've had lots of visits from the Bad Idea Fairy and they need to be beaten about the head with a Clue Bat.

Well, this seems to be a good place to share this goodie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTGmTrQXrwg
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The reason they carry, or carried, an empty chamber is because traditionally they had a plethora of different style handguns. The only way to do uniform training, without standardizing on one handgun, was to carry an empty chamber

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It's going to be real tough to argue that perforating somebody's bowels, femoral arteries, genitals and the like isn't lethal force.

They've done a lot of "shoot them in the leg" overseas in the middle east, but that's because there's a very different view of life over there and relatively small amounts of money can be paid out to the shootee or the family to make it go away. I've had that conversation with some military folks who don't understand why police can't shoot people in the leg the way they sometimes did in Iraq or the 'Stan. Well, because shooting someone is definitionally lethal force. The damage bullets do counts as lethal force in every place I'm aware of. You can't less-lethally use lethal force. Our laws and jurisprudence aren't designed that way.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    About Japan, watch some Korean movies. The law there also carry 5 shot revolvers with seemingly no reloads. They were only issued when 'needed'. Otherwise, they carried ASPs. Didn't work against invulnerable demons. Nor did the 5 shots. 3,3,3 and demons - not such a good idea. Great miniseries though.

Anyway, the article was FYI and reference if one has to deal with the issue. It keeps coming up, so one should know what's out there. Some politician will quote these experts. How many ex-military, police officers, gun writers have come up with denunciations of weapons of war and mass destruction? AR rounds that will go through the opponent, one wall and then another? Saw that the other day but didn't save it. It was from an ex-military, police officer and supporter of the 2A.

Not that Amy Klobuchar's Uncle Dick's deer rifle won't do that. She supports the 2nd Amendment as long as Uncle Dick can have his deer rifle. Screw Bambi's Mom.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It's going to be real tough to argue that perforating somebody's bowels, femoral arteries, genitals and the like isn't lethal force.
    Basically, shots that won't hit a switch or a fast timer, just shots that will hit a slow timer so they can run off into the woods or crawl back down their burrow where you can't find them before they die.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List