Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most up to date duty load list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Thank you all, does anyone know about the Rifle line of ammunition? I couldn't find the info saying if it is bonded or not but its likely my searching ability bites.
    The 75gr TAP is just their match bullet with a cannelure, not bonded.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You got a case in a trade? What did you trade, a car??
    It was several years ago. Someone had given me a lot of old ammunition, mostly Remington 357 from the 60s 70s. I traded it to a dealer and also got a case of 223 75 grain TAP.

Splitting Frog Hairs

Morning, everyone. Like many of y'all, I'm down to dregs on my preferred duty ammo (local LE supplier hasn't been able to fill orders for individual officers for over two years), so I decided to branch out. I was looking for a carry load for my Shield Plus, since I'm down to a duty load out of G2 for my G19, and reports are that G2 doesn't work that great out of stumpy barrels like the Plus.

So, I was able for find ONE box of 124 gr +P HST, and several boxes of Critical Duty 135gr in both +P and standard pressure. On the range yesterday, all functioned fine (not surprisingly). The HST was significantly snappier than either of the CDs, and shot significantly larger groups. The Critical Duty standard pressure shot the best groups, and had the lightest recoil (very pleasant). The +P CD shot slightly larger groups, with more, but not terribly more, recoil.

At this point, I'm inclined to stick with the lighter recoiling, tighter shooting standard pressure load. Any real reason to "up gun" to the +P loading in a shorty-short barrel?

Site Supporter
    Has anyone ran Remington Golden Saber bonded 124 gr +P JHP lately? Especially in a Gen 5 Glock.

It’s all I could really find the other day. Hoping for some 135 CD but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has anyone ran Remington Golden Saber bonded 124 gr +P JHP lately? Especially in a Gen 5 Glock.

It’s all I could really find the other day. Hoping for some 135 CD but no luck.
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/horn...36-p-3217.aspx

Site Supporter
    I'm curious how CD performs from a shorter barrel, 3"-3.75"...
    Hornady states states best for use in duty size gun's

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It's not. It would say it was bonded if it were, but it just states that it's just a BTHP. The gelatin shots more than corroborate this.

https://www.hornadyle.com/rifle-ammu...bthp-t2-tap#!/
    Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for, gel numbers and all. Thank you! Sadly doesn't look like it will cut it for all around. Good info though. Maybe good for inside the house though for limited use.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I'm curious how CD performs from a shorter barrel, 3"-3.75"...
    Hornady states states best for use in duty size gun's
    Hornady makes a 124 CD specifically for small guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Hornady makes a 124 CD specifically for small guns.
    I am not giving you a hard time- how do you know this? I have not seen it before. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    I am not giving you a hard time- how do you know this? I have not seen it before. Thank you.
    I went to a Hornady gel shoot and they talked about it. They also make a 5.56 load specifically for SBRs with cans. My dept is adopting the sbr load for our rifles and the 135 +p load for our pistols.

User Tag List