Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most up to date duty load list.

Most up to date duty load list.

@DocGKR et al. Is there an up to date duty load list from Doc that covers Hornady stuff? I am looking at their LE line of 5.56 and 9mm stuff as it is obtainable in decent quantity for reasonable prices these days. I'd like to stock up before things get extra retarded. For reference I am looking specifically at the Hornady: 5.56 75 gr. BTHP T2 TAP Precision, Hornady: Critical DUTY 9mm Luger, 135gr Flexlock, and Hornady: Critical DUTY® 9mm Luger+P, 124gr FlexLock. I believe the critical duty +P 135gr stuff is on the list I know the 55gr GMX 5.56 is. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

I believe the FBI has been issuing the Critical Duty 135gr +P 9mm for a few years now so it should be good to go.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I believe the FBI has been issuing the Critical Duty 135gr +P 9mm for a few years now so it should be good to go.
    All the DOJ Agencies (FBI, ATF. DEA, and the U.S. Marshals) are using it.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    That’s good to know. I got a case of it in a trade a while back and planned on using it when I run out of my stash of Winchester 127 grain.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    All the DOJ Agencies (FBI, ATF. DEA, and the U.S. Marshals) are using it.
    I looked at a few threads, but I may have not seen the answer.

Is there a significant advantage of this round over 124 hst or gold dot?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

These days pretty much just price and availability, but that’s nothing to sneeze at.

I think the accepted wisdom is that if it’s good enough to be on the list, you can stock up on it, and your guns run it, you’re set, just practice. I am stocked up with 147-grain HST these days mostly but there are a few guns I keep filled with 124+P gold dot because I know they run it and their POA with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Thank you all, does anyone know about the Rifle line of ammunition? I couldn't find the info saying if it is bonded or not but its likely my searching ability bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Thank you all, does anyone know about the Rifle line of ammunition? I couldn't find the info saying if it is bonded or not but its likely my searching ability bites.
    It's not. It would say it was bonded if it were, but it just states that it's just a BTHP. The gelatin shots more than corroborate this.

https://www.hornadyle.com/rifle-ammu...bthp-t2-tap#!/

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Versus standard pressure 124 gr HST, I find that 135gr +P Critical Duty is more accurate and and softer shooting in my standard frame G5 Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    That’s good to know. I got a case of it in a trade a while back and planned on using it when I run out of my stash of Winchester 127 grain.
    You got a case in a trade? What did you trade, a car??

User Tag List