Thread: Issues running a Staccato C

Issues running a Staccato C

Background: well in excess of 100K rounds through full-size 9mm 1911's mostly with softer competition loads. The Staccato is currently hosting a Holosun RDS.

Staccato C Issues:
    1. Establishing proper support hand grip - The circumference of the Staccato grip is less than that of a full-size 1911 and my normal strong hand grip doesn't leave enough room for good contact with my support hand, this despite having added grip tape. I believe I can train through this possibly by establishing my support hand grip sooner although I like the feel of driving the gun into my support hand. My draw is pretty compact and by the time I start to fold my support hand on the grip I've already leveled the gun, the secure strong hand grip really essential to a good target index. FWIW I don't think the shorter officer grip is an issue particular with officer 9 and 10 round mags that have the extra front strap feature. I may try doubling up on the grip tape at least on the sides. Would welcome any feedback on what I am experiencing with my fairly large hands.
    2. Excessive red dot ringing -- Experienced this yesterday in my first RDS match. A good deal of this I attribute to problem #1 which I've got to solve to be competent with this gun. I did some experimentation today from low ready with the advantage of an established secure grip. Here's what I observed:

My left (support) arm is normally near lockout at full gun extension. When I shortened up a bit I could get a second sight picture more quickly. I realize there have been very good discussions hereabouts regarding arm extension with the frequent observation "different strokes for different folks" so I'll work on this. My working theory is that having too much extension actually decreases the resistance to motion in the vertical, not the initial recoil (rotational) reaction provided by the hands and wrists, but a vertical rotation of the entire support system about the shoulder joints. I'm positive I could hold more weight in my hands at this reduced extension versus full extension which would seem to infer greater rigidity of this support system in reduced extension.
    Again, welcome any feedback regarding what I have experienced.
    (Parenthetically, my wife's zero-recoil 22lr Mamba-X has a surprising amount of dot excursion in my hands).

Site Supporter
    An option:

https://staccato2011.com/products/si...-swap-service/

Staccato C Full Size Dark Side Precision Grip Swap Service

Name:  41E2FE14-2220-4DD8-B9C4-2B451116DB7D.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  14.1 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 06-04-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    An option:

https://staccato2011.com/products/si...-swap-service/

Staccato C Full Size Dark Side Precision Grip Swap Service

Name:  41E2FE14-2220-4DD8-B9C4-2B451116DB7D.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  14.1 KB
    That's interesting. I've inquired of Staccato a)whether my late model "C" qualifies and b)whether the grip cross section is maintained or enlarger per usual gov't 1911 cross section. It's not an outrageous cost and maintains the warranty.

User Tag List