Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Massad Ayoob: Three reasons why you need to carry extra ammo and magazines

Massad Ayoob: Three reasons why you need to carry extra ammo and magazines

A gun without spare ammunition is a temporary gun:

I've been reading and listening to this man's clear thinking since the early 80s.

A National treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I've been reading and listening to this man's clear thinking since the early 80s.

A National treasure.
    Agreed. I first read some of @Mas’ writings in freshman year of college. I own most of his books. His writings shaped a lot of the way I look at the whole personal defense thing.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Mas was my first big name teacher in the early 90s, and here I still am, turning discretionary income into noise, and ignorance into knowledge. He definitely set my sail.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

A National treasure.
    Will always respect Mas’s view. Will still cringe when I watch him in the Wilson marketing propaganda videos

I get his point, but it just doesn't mimic what we see in real gunfights

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I get his point, but it just doesn't mimic what we see in real gunfights
    As Mas said at 6:22, to be in a gunfight to begin with is a not the norm. To have the fight require one of those three reasons is even less likely but why not give yourself every reason to succeed?

Things like this crossed my mind tonight while armed with only an 11+1 G26 in my waistband and no reload on my person. Circumstances dictated my choices, but I was thinking about it as I "made ready" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    As Mas said at 6:22, to be in a gunfight to begin with is a not the norm. To have the fight require one of those three reasons is even less likely but why not give yourself every reason to succeed?
    If I was regularly seeing citizen involved self defense shootings where reloads were required, I would carry a spare. But I can't justify it for something that's low percentage within an already low percentage likelihood. Typically what you have in the gun is the max you'll use. I feel confident with 16 rounds

Just carry a spare magazine. Problem solved. Idk why people get so worked up over it, if it's uncomfortable stick it in a mastermind mag pouch or use a nano carry mag pouch. As someone who has had a gun fail them in a gun fight I'm telling you having a spare mag is a good thing to have. I had a knife, and I was way too far to use said knife

User Tag List