Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharps Derringer - not a revolver but old fashioned

Site Supporter

Sharps Derringer - not a revolver but old fashioned

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/se...rel-derringer/

I've seen this gun announced since about 1865 when Lincoln said the Internet lied. Wonder if it is real this time. I was interested only because of the Yancy Derringer show and the idea of a silly gun just because. Like my NAA 22 Short - yes, it is a gun but ...

I missed out on the HJS version years ago. Now if I carried the gun, it would have to be one in each sleeve of my coat, one in each vest pocket and one in my hat. Plus my sword cane. However, I think Yancy's were 32s not, 22s.

Sadly I read that Jock Mahoney probably molested Sally Field, his step-daughter.

This would be a just because purchase like the Pedersoli 410, 45 LC Howdah - not going to happen. Got other toys I'd rather buy. I could sling the Pedersoli under the jacket like Yancy's Native American friend did with his double barrel. This ranks in with the guys on other forums who want to conceal AR pistols to be ready for the next rampage.

Well now

Hey that's pretty nifty! Wonder if ill be able to find any videos on the tube to fan the flames on this idea?

That's pretty neat, but.........
    Let's start the countdown for the first window licker to try to tote that around with the hammer cocked.
    You KNOW it's gonna happen.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    I recently bought an 1873 Winchester, Saddle-ring carbine in 44 WCF. I've been looking for this particular one (Winchester/Maroku - not Italian) for about 5 years. Kept getting out bid on GB. So upon a successful purchase I told my wife, in genuine sincerity, the rifle might be my last gun purchase. I'm 73 going on 74 and can't get out enough to shoot the guns I do have. Then this thing comes up.

I have long admired the Sharps 4-barrel Derringer and although this isn't an exact copy it captures the look and feel of the original. It's a bit more robust but that may be a good thing. And the safety-Nazi lawyers don't seem to have gotten their hands on the design. Since in my dotage I find myself more and more interested in Old West stuff, both owning and shooting, I called my wife in to look at the computer screen. I confessed I might have lied about the last gun thing. She just laughed.

Dave

Yancy is on Amazon Prime.
    Yes, he sent me down the Derringer primrose path.

Site Supporter
    Why did you tell me that!

Site Supporter
    Back in mid 80s I remember thinking that the COP Derringer was the coolest thing around.
    I wasn't old enough to buy it and probably couldn't afford it, but still think it's a cool gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COP_.357_Derringer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Back in mid 80s I remember thinking that the COP Derringer was the coolest thing around.
    I wasn't old enough to buy it and probably couldn't afford it, but still think it's a cool gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COP_.357_Derringer
    Windy,

All the coolness disappeared when you fired one of them with the designated 357 Magnum ammunition. That's why every one I saw, and the one I got to fire, were in the used gun case of my LGS back in my badge wearing days. I was much younger and stronger than I am now but my hand still hurt for a couple days after the COP experience.

Dave

Site Supporter
    The best use of the COP was for concealed carry on Battlestar Galactica. I saw one in Oregon, way back, but skipped it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List