Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another tourist gored by a bison at Yellowstone

Another tourist gored by a bison at Yellowstone

Happens almost every year.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...feet-rcna31371

A woman visiting Yellowstone National Park died after a bison gored her and tossed her into the air, park officials said Tuesday.

The 25-year-old woman, who was visiting from Ohio, was not identified in a news release from the National Park Service.

The woman approached the female bison Monday morning after it came close to a boardwalk at Black Sand Basin, near Old Faithful geyser, the park said.
    #RESIST

Sad and happens much too often. Bison are not Disney animals.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Gore-dita

We mistook a resting (upright, on its stomach) bison for a parking lot statue on our last visit to Yellowstone. Scared us good when the bigger-than-our-rental-car beast stood up and walked toward us. We retreated quickly.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Sad and happens much too often. Bison are not Disney animals.
    I honestly have ZERO problem with it.

The way a great many of the people act is over the top stupid.

I drive around the park quite frequently on my way to other locations and the people from out of the area act like complete jackwads.

They drive like complete pricks, as if they were back in the LA valley, have an entitlement attitude and believe the rules are for other people. Stopping their rental SUVs around blind corners on highways to take a picture of an animal is normal, setting the stage for a deadly crash. When you try to explain why it is not a good idea to go onto private property to pet someone else's horses or other dumb shit, they get indignant, and condescending.

More than once over the years I have had a person explain to me "who they were" and essentially that they could go anywhere they wanted.

All reasons why I drive AROUND the park and not through it to get to where I need to go. BozAngelas is bad enough.

Frankly anymore I root for the Bison.

Fucked around.
    Found out.
    Darwin snickers.

Many ears ago, as a young teenager, our family was visiting Avery Island in South Louisiana, where Tabasco hot sauce is produced. It's located in the swamps at an old salt mine and you could walk up to the waters edge in many places.
    During the visit we watched in fascinated horror as another family allowed their two small children to approach the water's edge and tap on the heads of the local alligators using some fallen sticks. My dad tried to tell the parents that those were wild gators and they were courting death but the idiots ignored him. I still don't know how the children avoided being snacks... Guardian Angels I suppose.

Last edited by Totem Polar; 06-01-2022 at 10:32 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Fucked around.
    Found out.
    Darwin snickers.

If there is an afterlife, her entire genetic line is waiting there to yell at her for letting them down so stupidly.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    My Mom and Dad took a summer road trip to Yellowstone in '68 or 69, not long after they got married. On that trip they found some idiot tourists parked off the highway taking pictures. My Dad pulled over after he saw this family having their kids literally hugging a bear cub and taking pics. My Dad, having been on a few hunting trips and having an eye for this sort of thing, saw a mama bear pacing just inside a woodline about 40 yards off the highway, maybe 35 yards from the idiots and its cub.
    Being that it was wild country he'd brought his Ruger .44 Mag carbine but that was in the trunk. My Dad tried to tell those folks that was a really bad idea, and they dismissed him with a wave and a 'it's just a baby!' sort of comment.

Dad decided to hang out by the popped trunk of the car while the idiots and their kids took pictures of the kids and that bear cub, just in case Mama bear made an understandable scene about it. Thankfully, the idiots took their pictures and left and my Mom & Dad of course had the common sense to just let the bear cub wander back to its mama bear.

He always used that story as an example when we needed a 'hey you're being an idiot and may not know it' sort of lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    If there is an afterlife, her entire genetic line is waiting there to yell at her for letting them down so stupidly.
    Well, unless those who preceded her also died doing something dumb as shit...

User Tag List