Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLR-7A O-Ring Issues

TLR-7A O-Ring Issues

Good morning.

We have fielded several thousand TLR-7A lights across my area and started seeing a number of these lights quit working during live fire. In some cases, lights were inoperable coming out of the holster.

We noted that, in all instances, the light's bezel could be very easily rotated and was backing itself off under recoil. We contacted Streamlight who, through internal testing, determined a less dense O-ring was the culprit.

New O-rings are being provided to us under warranty so no issues there other than the minor hassle of getting the rings swapped out.

Just FYI for anyone using the 7A as a primary/EDC.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Speaking of o-rings, be mindful of what you lube them with. I only use dielectric grease. Years ago, I remember putting WD-40 on some o-rings and they swelled up like a balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Speaking of o-rings, be mindful of what you lube them with. I only use dielectric grease. Years ago, I remember putting WD-40 on some o-rings and they swelled up like a balloon.
    Yeah, putting WD40 on pretty much anything is a mistake. I have yet to find a good use for that crap.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

We see it with ours, too. Do you have a specific contact person I can reach out to?

I think @GJM has posted about this too.

It would be great to have the specs for those O-rings, so we can buy some spares.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yeah, putting WD40 on pretty much anything is a mistake. I have yet to find a good use for that crap.
    Removing adhesive left behind by stickers or tape.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

It would be great to have the specs for those O-rings, so we can buy some spares.
    Seconded – I'd rather just spend a couple of bucks on amazon than mess with Streamlight CS. My time = money!

It's great for what it was designed for (water displacement), hence the WD part of the name. Everything else, not so much.

dow55 for static orings

So I'm left wondering if this is something everybody needs to upgrade to or were there only certain batches that are culprit?

User Tag List