Thread: Massad Ayoob and IDPA's Joyce Wilson discuss the competitive shooting sport

Massad Ayoob and IDPA's Joyce Wilson discuss the competitive shooting sport

While I disagree with Joyce Keith about several things (including banning a comrade from IDPA for showing a video of him appendix drawing), this was an interesting video.

Would be fun to get a video follow up discussing where they think IDPA is heading in the future, and the future of comepeittive sports in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    (including banning a comrade from IDPA for showing a video of him appendix drawing)
    That really happened?!? I had not heard about that. I shouldn't be so surprised.

And now AIWB is IDPA authorized.
    She owes him an apology and reinstatement.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    And now AIWB is IDPA authorized.
    She owes him an apology and reinstatement.
    I wouldn’t doubt if she doubles down and says “those were the rules and you broke them so tough nuggies.”

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    That really happened?!? I had not heard about that. I shouldn't be so surprised.
    yes it definitely happened. I think they tried to ban Temple Gun club's IDPA membership too but can't confirm. I don't see them running IDPA in 2022.

Site Supporter
    The best line in the interview was Mas saying USPSA was track and field with a gun or something like that. I read him discussing how he had to use a shoulder holster because sciatica in his hip made belt carry painful. Yep, the comments as we age!!

Also, the fault line vs cover vs cover call tantrums - all so true. Rule changes on movement - I got one of those 10 pointers for not moving on a moving stage because I just forgot, now that went away.

It's a game - trigger time, reload practice - all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The best line in the interview was Mas saying USPSA was track and field with a gun or something like that. I read him discussing how he had to use a shoulder holster because sciatica in his hip made belt carry painful. Yep, the comments as we age!!

Also, the fault line vs cover vs cover call tantrums - all so true. Rule changes on movement - I got one of those 10 pointers for not moving on a moving stage because I just forgot, now that went away.

It's a game - trigger time, reload practice - all good.
    Agreed.
    *I liked the old concept of 50% cover but it was physically not possible to be object.
    *Same on movement.

I think the new rule clarifications are helpful as well. Several of them we were doing at one club beforehand.
    Frankly to myself the rules are fine at this point except I would permit double belts. Its easier to take on and off and Love in the Time of Covid has turned me into a walrus...

User Tag List