Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
people who will buy that abomination will either never shoot it or simply make excuses for its failures.
You have no idea how true that is.

When they find out that any sort of emergency loading of the gun is slow, complicated, and stupid because of the design, they immediately mention the magazine capacity as a means to not ever have to do that in defense. When they've repeatedly gotten a click instead of a bang because they failed to swap mag tubes during a string of fire, they immediately say it's a training issue they can correct. When the thing starts cycling like it's running in molasses because it's not built to have the level of force we're using to mitigate recoil and run the gun effectively put into it and shit has bent or broken, causing the gun to stop cycling or causing them to short-cycle the action and not feed a round, they claim they just need to pay more attention to how they're running the action. When the tube selector gets stuck in the middle position where it doesn't feed anything, they immediately say they can just knock it back to one of the tubes and keep going. When they fail to account for offset because these ridiculous contraptions introduce AR-15 levels of offset to worry about at any realistic distance these things will be used, they immediately say it's a training issue that can be worked through.

Keep in mind that when they're saying this, they're usually saying it looking at me as I'm standing there with a timer in my hand that's still going after they've failed to successfully complete an exercise.

I've watched someone go through the seven stages of grief with these stupid things throughout a class more than once.