Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 15-22 owners, which ammo runs for this 22lr rifle?

I have two of them. One has proven to only be reliable with CCI Tactical AR. The other has been fine with the aforementioned ammo and some bulk Winchester I've had on hand for a while. I buy the CCI stuff whenever I can to try to build a supply.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

My rifle is a relatively early example, but I just put almost 600 rounds of CCI standard velocity through it with nary a hiccup.

Mine was also early but I don’t think I’ve ever noticed it being picky about ammo. CCI is my go-to and has probably been most of it but I’ve used a ton of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is an early one and has run fine with bulk Winchester and Federal.

I've used a lot of Aguila, CCI std, sub and super poly, mini mags, rem thunderbolt.

I think it was GJM who mentioned swapping the chamber to keep it running. Ever since I started doing that Ive had 0 malfunctions. I usually hit the chamber with a q tip and CLP before taking it out.

I also installed a volquartsen extractor in mine. Suppressor also seems to help.

Another vote for the CCI Tactical. We have a bunch of 15-22's for work and we've run a bunch of it over the years and it is very reliable.

A long time ago, I did some accuracy testing and found big differences between particular loads in my rifle:

My results for five shot groups, center to center were
    Aguila Golden Eagle Match: 0.658"
    CCI Standard Velocity: 0.851"
    Aguila Super Extra: 0.979"
    Winchester Wildcat: 1.04"
    CCI Mini Mag: 1.20"
    Remington Target: 1.98"
    Federal HV Match: 2.08"
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Mine ran like crap until I replaced the extractor with Volauartsen. Since then it’s run everything I’ve put it in- mostly Fed bulk packs and Aguilla.
    Same experience here.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Mine ran like crap until I replaced the extractor with Volauartsen. Since then it’s run everything I’ve put it in- mostly Fed bulk packs and Aguilla.
    Out of stock at Brownells, but I’m ordering these. Not expensive, good chance they’ll work.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod124738.aspx

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...39-230145.aspx
    #RESIST

Mine runs with any crap I put in it. (Well except CCI Quiets I use for chipmunks) My shooting partner didn't make out so well, he needs to run IIRC CCI Minimags in his.

I put in a Volquartzen extractor and firing pin and that helped but my pistol is still not reliable. I have been alternating between being busy and being sick for the past several months and haven't has a chance to get to the range in way too long. I need to take a bunch of ammo to the range and see if the thing just needs a break-in like my 10-22 did, if it's picky on ammo, or just defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List