Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 15-22 owners, which ammo runs for this 22lr rifle?

S&W M&P 15-22 owners, which ammo runs for this 22lr rifle?

Just picked one of these up on sale. Those of you who own one, tell me what .22LR ammo runs well so I don't have to experiment with 15 different types and brands to figure it out myself.

thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Just picked one of these up on sale. Those of you who own one, tell me what .22LR ammo runs well so I don't have to experiment with 15 different types and brands to figure it out myself.

thanks
    I’ve had good results with Federal Auto Match and Aguila Super Extra which, IME is equivalent to CCI Mini Mags.

An acquaintance of mine has one that I have shot on one occasion and it ran everything without issue. Winchester bulk to CCI mini mag. All in total about 500 rounds that day. That being said it was a well broken sample so maybe that helped. Regardless, from that day forward I have wanted one.

My rifle, that I bought a while ago, has ate everything I've put in it. My pistol, that I bought right after they came out, has been finicky and I haven't found what it likes yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Mine ran like crap until I replaced the extractor with Volauartsen. Since then it’s run everything I’ve put it in- mostly Fed bulk packs and Aguilla.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

My 15/22 SBR likes the higher pressure .22, not so much the standard pressure.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve had good results with Federal Auto Match and Aguila Super Extra which, IME is equivalent to CCI Mini Mags.

Mine liked Aquila Super Extra then it didn't. But overall it will run everything except 30 year old Remington Golden Bullets and Viper(?) my father still had. But neither does my Savage MkII.

If it starts choking, clean it, clean the mags, lube and truck on.
    If still chokes after that, switch ammo. Still having problems? Guns broke, send it back to the mothership or get a new one.

Every one of my .22s likes different ammo, and their preferences can change depending on the batch of ammo I'm using.

Norma Tac and CCI standard, I know for sure (suppressed).
    #RESIST

Bought my 15-22 in 2018 for steel matches & quickly discovered it functions VERY well w/ CCI mini-mags (36 & 40gr.) w/ 4Kish rds. thru it now.

Name:  2F0DA14A-BAA6-4AA5-BF31-F57FCB97A175.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  100.9 KB
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 05-29-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Mine has liked everything I’ve ran thru it…

-Remington Thunderbolt RN
    -Remington Subsonic HP
    -Winchester Super X RN
    -Winchester copper coated bulk HP

It is the current pistol version. And with an 8” barrel, it gets high velocity up to supersonic. Tried a few rounds with my Beretta Bobcat and Rugged Oculus… but the one thru the M&P was a surprise to me (and likely neighbors).

User Tag List