Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help diagnosis PX4 trigger problem

From your second video, it looks to me, like the trigger bar spring is not fully pushed down into the groove it sets in, and it also may have popped out from under the trigger bar. Try a fingernail to push the spring down more and if my guess is right, when it seats, it should pop n the trigger bar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    From your second video, it looks to me, like the trigger bar spring is not fully pushed down into the groove it sets in, and it also may have popped out from under the trigger bar. Try a fingernail to push the spring down more and if my guess is right, when it seats, it should pop n the trigger bar as well.
    Are you talking about this area with the red arrow? 100% it is that spring making that clicking noise right at the area that I've indicated with the arrow. I can see it skipping up and down and making noise against the polymer.

Name:  IMG_0971.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  29.6 KB
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 05-29-2022 at 11:58 PM.
    NOT the YouTuber by the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Are you talking about this area with the red arrow? 100% it is that spring making that clicking noise right at the area that I've indicated with the arrow. I can see it skipping up and down and making noise against the polymer.

Follow the low part of that down. I had one that I didn't seat fully once, and could feel it, a quick disassemble and I pushed it either with my fingernail or a pen (don't remember what I used at the time) and it seated.

Site Supporter
    Edit: nevermind... didn’t read whole thread

There have been cases where the slot in the trigger bar for the spring was not cut very well. You might check if the spring actually fits well in that slot or if the trigger bar needs to be replaced or the slot opened up.

There have also been cases where the spring was too fat to fit in the slot. A new spring would fix that. The spring can't be jumping at the spot you're pointing out as the origin a friction or movement but as a manifestation of friction coming from under the trigger bar.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 05-30-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Follow the low part of that down. I had one that I didn't seat fully once, and could feel it, a quick disassemble and I pushed it either with my fingernail or a pen (don't remember what I used at the time) and it seated.
    Thank you, this is helpful. I'm going to attempt to push the spring back into place.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    The spring can't be jumping at the spot you're pointing out as the origin a friction or movement but as a manifestation of friction coming from under the trigger bar.
    It is happening and the rest of your sentence makes no sense. lol. EDIT: sorry if I should like a jerk, but your posts are not making sense to me. I asked you to post a video of your PX4 and your response was that you don't have enough data? That makes no sense either. It kind of feels like you're not really trying to help, but rather taking an opportunity to showcase your technical aptitude as it relates to the PX4.
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 05-30-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Problem Solved

Thanks to @beenalongtime for the help. It was the tigger bar spring not being fully seated....appreciate it!

Kind of bummed out that this happened. It is my first Beretta and I loved this gun for the short period that I have owned it. Now I am wondering what else will fail. I have never disassembled this pistol, so it definitely was not my amateur gun smithing that caused the problem.

Site Supporter
    Thanks to @beenalongtime for the help. It was the tigger bar spring not being fully seated....appreciate it!

Kind of bummed out that this happened. It is my first Beretta and I loved this gun for the short period that I have owned it. Now I am wondering what else will fail. I have never disassembled this pistol, so it definitely was not my amateur gun smithing that caused the problem.
    Glad the problem is resolved without having to ship the pistol off somewhere. I wouldn't be too critical of Beretta though. No manufacturer is immune to mistakes. Once you are 100% sure of your preferred platform, it'd be a good idea to pick up a dedicated practice pistol.

It is happening and the rest of your sentence makes no sense. lol. EDIT: sorry if I should like a jerk, but your posts are not making sense to me. I asked you to post a video of your PX4 and your response was that you don't have enough data? That makes no sense either. It kind of feels like you're not really trying to help, but rather taking an opportunity to showcase your technical aptitude as it relates to the PX4.
    Troubleshooting can be frustrating. The process of writing back and forth can draw out the time to solution and present challenges to understand or be understood in both content and tone. Patience is everyone's friend. I would encourage you to spend some time reading through his contributions and interaction on the forum. I do believe you'll come to a different conclusion. Frankly his contributions and interactions are what drew me to join the site.

Glad the issue is isolated.

User Tag List