Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help diagnosis PX4 trigger problem

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Here's a new video, found what's causing it. Not sure if I should send it back t Beretta or if there's an easy fix. What you guys think?

https://youtube.com/shorts/BjYkck3SDsY?feature=share
    You certainly could send it back to Beretta and they would take care of it. However, it might take a little while.

If you do not feel comfortable with removing the fire control unit, trigger bar and trigger to clean and look for anomalies, then it could be your best bet.

Flushing the area of the trigger, its pivots and the front of the trigger bar with a lot of solvent and then an air can might help.

Is the trigger return spring broken at all? Does it have two legs going behind the trigger? Is the trigger bar spring underneath the trigger bar?

@HammerStriker what we cannot tell from the video, but you could tell in person- is the sound coming from the front where the trigger is pivoting or is the sound coming from the back where the trigger bar is riding forward or back?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    You certainly could send it back to Beretta and they would take care of it. However, it might take a little while.
    I sent my 92X-DAO back to Beretta in late January or early February, I think, because the front sight was so loose that it fell out of the dove tail. I just got the pistol back on Thursday. Beretta did not adequately fix the problem. Others might have better luck, but I'd try to fix the PX4 myself. I've thought about switching to PX4s before and have worked on them a little bit. They are not as easy to work on as Glocks, but so far I've been able to do the few things I've needed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I sent my 92X-DAO back to Beretta in late January or early February, I think, because the front sight was so loose that it fell out of the dove tail. I just got the pistol back on Thursday. Beretta did not adequately fix the problem. Others might have better luck, but I'd try to fix the PX4 myself. I've thought about switching to PX4s before and have worked on them a little bit. They are not as easy to work on as Glocks, but so far I've been able to do the few things I've needed to do.
    Unfortunately, I have also heard of reports of very slow or inadequate service from Beretta recently.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    @HammerStriker what we cannot tell from the video, but you could tell in person- is the sound coming from the front where the trigger is pivoting or is the sound coming from the back where the trigger bar is riding forward or back?
    @PX4 Storm Tracker The sound is coming from the back, I think its the trigger bar spring rubbing against the trigger bar. This is my first Beretta, so not sure if it is normal for the trigger bar spring to shift up/down like that, but looks odd to me. Trigger return spring is intact.

EDIT: Would you mind posting a video of how your trigger bar spring looks when actuating the trigger?
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 05-29-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    NOT the YouTuber by the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Ufff, that's a long wait time. I'm probably better off sending it to LTT and upgrading the trigger bar while I'm at it.
    NOT the YouTuber by the same name.

Site Supporter
    Ufff, that's a long wait time. I'm probably better off sending it to LTT and upgrading the trigger bar while I'm at it.
    If you really want to focus on learning the PX4, then I would not send it to Beretta because of how long it will take. The customer service rep I spoke to at Beretta said they are slammed and long wait times are the norm recently. You might try to fix it yourself and then send it to LTT if you can't figure it out. It could be a good learning opportunity.

If the PX4 is more of a curiosity, I'd send it to Beretta because that would likely be the cheapest option.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @PX4 Storm Tracker The sound is coming from the back, I think its the trigger bar spring rubbing against the trigger bar. This is my first Beretta, so not sure if it is normal for the trigger bar spring to shift up/down like that, but looks odd to me. Trigger return spring is intact.

EDIT: Would you mind posting a video of how your trigger bar spring looks when actuating the trigger?
    The trigger bar isn't hard to take out. Ernest Langdon has a video on how to do it. Maybe if you get the bar outta the way, you can get that the trigger bar spring and try to wedge it back into it's little recess. Or maybe you'll discover it's some other issue in the process...

... Would you mind posting a video of how your trigger bar spring looks when actuating the trigger?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-how/page2 check out posts 19 through 22.

Otherwise, I don't have enough data to post a video.

Trigger bar spring

@HammerStriker if you put a piece of paper between the frame and the trigger bar, as I suggested and it goes down past where it meets the spring and the spring is not blocking the paper while the spring is also not on its own off the trigger bar then it is in the right spot.

User Tag List