Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help diagnosis PX4 trigger problem

Help diagnosis PX4 trigger problem

I have not had this pistol for very long, ~150 rounds through it. Listen to the sound when the trigger resets. It started doing this after some DA dry fire practice...the trigger was not doing this previously. Same sound when de-cocked with safety on, or when starting from SA.

https://youtube.com/shorts/aq6_Kb6ULY4?feature=share
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 05-29-2022 at 02:25 AM.
    NOT the YouTuber by the same name.

Site Supporter
    Unable to view.
    “Private video, sign in if owner has granted you access”

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Unable to view.
    “Private video, sign in if owner has granted you access”
    @Dave J
    Whoops, how about now? https://youtube.com/shorts/aq6_Kb6ULY4?feature=share
    Changed the settings to public.
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 05-29-2022 at 10:50 AM.

True grit?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    @Dave J
    Whoops, how about now? https://youtube.com/shorts/aq6_Kb6ULY4?feature=share
    Changed the settings to public.
    The first thing that I would try would be to clean between the trigger bar and the frame, in case there is debris that has gotten in there.

You can use a twofold piece of paper to go between, wipe forward and back and move the trigger bar while doing so (by holding the firing pin block plunger lever up). Then, when it comes out clean take another twofold piece of paper and put oil on both sides of it and lubricate in there.

Name:  Screenshot_20220529-111003.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  19.3 KB

A drop or two of oil on the connections and pivots of the trigger and where the trigger bar squeezes between the frame and the cam block housing can help too.

This would be a starting point to check before attempting any major disassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    It also wouldn't hurt to put a drop of oil on the stem of the firing pin block plunger. If you hold the trigger to the rear it will be popped up on the back, top of your slide. Put a dot of oil on it and then release the trigger... it'll suck it in.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    It also wouldn't hurt to put a drop of oil on the stem of the firing pin block plunger. If you hold the trigger to the rear it will be popped up on the back, top of your slide. Put a dot of oil on it and then release the trigger... it'll suck it in.
    @PX4 Storm Tracker
    I think I found the culprit...now what to do about it? New video link below:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/BjYkck3SDsY?feature=share
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 05-29-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Site Supporter
    That's weird. My PX4 compact definitely doesn't do that.

Does it sound like it's coming from near the trigger bar? Maybe something came loose in the linkage(s)? Could the mainspring also be rubbing/abrading on the strut as it expands?

Might be an opportunity to drop in a Langdon Optimized Perf. Trigger Bar in. I have it in mine. Helps reduce overtravel a bit... which I kinda struggle with on Beretta DAs. Maybe it'll clear up your issue, too?

EDIT: Just saw your new post. Yeah. Trigger bar.

I looked at mine, and that little looped-over spring (under the trigger bar--trigger return spring?) doesn't move inward like yours does when I'm pulling the trigger. Maybe the bar is hitting that? Also maybe looks like your trigger bar is rubbing the top edge of the frame?
    Last edited by MattyD380; 05-29-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

Does it sound like it's coming from near the trigger bar? Maybe something came loose in the linkage(s)? Could the mainspring also be rubbing/abrading on the strut as it expands?

Might be an opportunity to drop in a Langdon Optimized Perf. Trigger Bar in. I have it in mine. Helps reduce overtravel a bit... which I kinda struggle with on Beretta DAs. Maybe it'll clear up your issue, too?
    Posted a new video here, think I found what's causing it. https://youtube.com/shorts/BjYkck3SDsY?feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

EDIT: Just saw your new post. Yeah. Trigger bar.

I looked at mine, and that little looped-over spring (under the trigger bar--trigger return spring?) doesn't move inward like yours does when I'm pulling the trigger. Maybe the bar is hitting that? Also maybe looks like your trigger bar is rubbing the top edge of the frame?
    Yeah its bizarre because it only starting doing this after some DA dry fire practice. Never detail stripped the gun, not sure what to do about it...

Found what's causing it

Here's a new video, found what's causing it. Not sure if I should send it back t Beretta or if there's an easy fix. What you guys think?

https://youtube.com/shorts/BjYkck3SDsY?feature=share

User Tag List