Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What justice is there in a world where only Taurus makes a 6-shot, DAO, 3” K-frame?

What justice is there in a world where only Taurus makes a 6-shot, DAO, 3” K-frame?

Complete with chamfered cylinder chambers. This gun has everything I want, with the glaring exception of the bull on the side.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...volver-review/

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

So you're not in the mood for any bull?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So you're not in the mood for any bull?
    No. I have to admit though: that’s a whole bunch of bull.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Everything except good rear sights.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Looks like the frame and side panel got the crap beaten out of them during tumble deburr. I guess the bead blasting they normally do covers that up, but the "hand polish" on the one in your photo sure didn't. It might actually just be that the polishing was done in tumble deburr, not by hand. In which case, the fancy finish is what f'ed this sample up. Also, the left panel on those stocks looks pretty gappy against the frame. Seems kinda like polishing a turd.

I love that they went with a wood version of a Pachmayr Presentation. But for the $200 more than a standard stainless that this model costs (KYgunco.com pricing), you can sure as heck bob the hammer, figure out something cool with grips, and tune the action a little.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 05-28-2022 at 04:10 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have been so tempted by these, but telling myself Taurus, It'll Be Different This Time™ feels like remarrying my ex-wife and expecting a different outcome.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I have been so tempted by these, but telling myself Taurus, It'll Be Different This Time™ feels like remarrying my ex-wife and expecting a different outcome.
    Amen, brother.

It is a D frame sized revolver, which is much handier. I would love to see a small frame six shooter from Smith or Ruger, but I am not holding my breath. The only thing i'm not liking about this new 856 is that it is supposedly regulated for 130 grain bullets instead of the classic 158 grainers.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Why not the King Cobra?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JWintergreen View Post
    It is a D frame sized revolver, which is much handier. I would love to see a small frame six shooter from Smith or Ruger, but I am not holding my breath. The only thing i'm not liking about this new 856 is that it is supposedly regulated for 130 grain bullets instead of the classic 158 grainers.
    That's something I don't have a problem with. Between this, 125-130gr and a few quality 135gr defensive loads, I fail to see a problem.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List