Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What justice is there in a world where only Taurus makes a 6-shot, DAO, 3” K-frame?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Wouldn’t Brazilian gnomes be hairless, at least in one spot?
    I'm not looking.. I'm not young anymore but hopefully I have many years left in me and that isn't one of the memories I want...

Vending Machine Operator
    Reading this thread, just constantly muttering to myself "Come on LockedBreech, you're not really gonna buy a gods-damned Taurus, are you? A frakkin' Taurus?"

I am not the best with money but that has to be a bridge too, right?

Because I don't hate the look of some of these.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Reading this thread, just constantly muttering to myself "Come on LockedBreech, you're not really gonna buy a gods-damned Taurus, are you? A frakkin' Taurus?"

I am not the best with money but that has to be a bridge too, right?

Because I don't hate the look of some of these.
    I have owned a Taurus - a 605 I bought from a buddy who was moving to NY and didn’t want to jump through the hoops required to take it with. It wasn’t a disaster. In fact, it worked well and never malfunctioned. My beat old 642 was a much nicer, more refined gun, so I dumped the Taurus.

I later picked up a 60-9 Ladysmith. Even nicer. Yes, they cost more. “But I’m worth it!”

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I have owned a Taurus - a 605 I bought from a buddy who was moving to NY and didn’t want to jump through the hoops required to take it with. It wasn’t a disaster. In fact, it worked well and never malfunctioned. My beat old 642 was a much nicer, more refined gun, so I dumped the Taurus.

I later picked up a 60-9 Ladysmith. Even nicer. Yes, they cost more. “But I’m worth it!”
    I love Smith, I just wish I didn't hate the damn safety hole so much, but I do. It's Gunbroker oldies for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I love Smith, I just wish I didn't hate the damn safety hole so much, but I do. It's Gunbroker oldies for me.
    Of all of my S&W revolvers, only my 642-2 has a lock. 442-1, 60-9, 64, 15, 18 - no locks.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Of all of my S&W revolvers, only my 642-2 has a lock. 442-1, 60-9, 64, 15, 18 - no locks.
    A nice 15 for a good price is probably in the top 3 on my wish list.

Cam:
    I've had zero issues with my 856.
    Email me if you want more information.

"the force is strong with this one"....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    if you tried to give me one, I'd run as if you were chasing me with a bucket of shit.
    sig line stuff there Willie, well said, there may well be a "new Taurus" company at this point but my experiences with their guns dating back to the mid 80's are likely something I will never overcome, that plus my two business trips to Brazil in the 90's.

I found them delightful and friendly people, but nobody parties harder or had less attention to detail, at least the folks I interacted with. It was the shrug of the shoulders when we hit a project problem and "lets go to the bar and Samba now" attitudes that cemented my distrust of their manufactured goods. I don't doubt some folks have good specimens now, but I fear the overall quality (defined by consistency) is never going to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I found them delightful and friendly ....
    Clarification, I am talking Brazilians, not specifically Taurus people, never met any of them, I was working in the paper industry in those days.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Cam:
    I've had zero issues with my 856.
    Email me if you want more information.

"the force is strong with this one"....
    Thanks man! I will.

User Tag List