Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What justice is there in a world where only Taurus makes a 6-shot, DAO, 3” K-frame?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My lgs sells many Taurus handguns. None come back. When nobody is looking, I will examine their revolvers and can't find anything wrong with them. I will try hard not to criticize them as much....but might a little bit.
    How many are shot, or even dry fired, with the regularity I would expect from the forum members here? That’s the big question. How many Taurus revolvers do we see used in competition?

Edit to add I have been out of the loop for almost two decades now but I remember seeing S&W, Ruger and even some old Colts grace IDPA matches in the 90’s and early 00’s but don’t remember any Taurus wheelguns and especially not at the state, regional or national level.

Site Supporter
    I picked up the 3 inch 856 about a month ago. So far so good, runs well, and I plan on putting some rounds through it. I'm at about 100 round so far. Great size and price point. Trigger is fine for me. I'm planning on getting one more maybe 2. For the price they are at, having a few spares on hand isn't a problem.

I just finished up a run of 45 acp reloads so I'll start cranking out .38 now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I picked up the 3 inch 856 about a month ago. So far so good, runs well, and I plan on putting some rounds through it. I'm at about 100 round so far. Great size and price point. Trigger is fine for me. I'm planning on getting one more maybe 2. For the price they are at, having a few spares on hand isn't a problem.

I just finished up a run of 45 acp reloads so I'll start cranking out .38 now.
    Nice, I want to believe (in Taurus, I believe you ), please keep us updated.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Taurus might fear customers removing side plates and finding an empty space. There must be a reason.
    They don't want customers to let the Brazilian gnomes out....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My lgs sells many Taurus handguns. None come back. When nobody is looking, I will examine their revolvers and can't find anything wrong with them. I will try hard not to criticize them as much....but might a little bit.
    Maybe things have changed. I knew a gunshot that wouldn't sell Taurus revolvers because too many came back. But this was some time ago, so maybe they've improved.

Ah, well. I don't need one, now, so this is all academic for me.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Taurus might fear customers removing side plates and finding an empty space. There must be a reason.
    Yup, I need to remind myself how the blocking function of the rebound slide works. Then decide whether it's necessary for the revolver to function properly.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Personally not something I would use to make a judgment. Half the people people haven't even shot it yet and never will. Meanwhile the other half will probably shoot a few mags worth in the next 30 years

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Personally not something I would use to make a judgment. Half the people people haven't even shot it yet and never will. Meanwhile the other half will probably shoot a few mags worth in the next 30 years

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    You are 100% correct. I'm a Taurus hater. I would buy a Hi Point before buying a Taurus. In the recent past, Taurus revolvers were terrible. The pistols were fair. My shop recently took a chance on selling certain Taurus products. Most will end up in sock drawers. I'm surprised to see that some PF members have bought them.

I'm mellowing my dogmatic Taurus diatribe, but if you tried to give me one, I'd run as if you were chasing me with a bucket of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I have been so tempted by these, but telling myself Taurus, It'll Be Different This Time™ feels like remarrying my ex-wife and expecting a different outcome.
    Very funny and very true...

So glad I still have my 3" and 4" M13's

Taurus sells at a price point that other domestic manufacturers can't match. Some customers that ultimately buy a firearm look at price and appearance. Factor in a box of ammo, they are set for lifetime of shooting. Here at P-F we look at many factors when purchasing a firearm. And lovingly long for those days of 3" revolvers or other items that tickles our fancy. Unfortunately polymer is less expensive than metal. Ultimately it is cost and return as well at what other manufacturers are offering in a particular market segment dictate what's on the store shelf.

User Tag List