Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Colt King Cobra Target .22

https://www.speedbeez.com/product/sp...d-case-bundle/

A heads up that SpeedBeez now has a speed loader and loading block specific for the .22 King Cobra. And as of 12/27/23 it is currently in stock and on sale.

The SpeedBeez kit I have for my 617 makes a fun revolver even more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    https://www.speedbeez.com/product/sp...d-case-bundle/

A heads up that SpeedBeez now has a speed loader and loading block specific for the .22 King Cobra. And as of 12/27/23 it is currently in stock and on sale.

The SpeedBeez kit I have for my 617 makes a fun revolver even more fun.
    Coincidentally I ordered this setup last night, with a second speedloader, just after I purchased a KC22 myself. I like the idea of the closed case for the loader block. The alternative I found was a simple plastic block and plastic loaders at essentially the same price.

Took the new CKCT .22 for its first range session today. Really nice trigger, smooth in DA and crisp and relatively (relative to my Pythons) light SA. Groups fine so long as I throw some light on the thing. It seems to be regulated for a 6 o'clock hold for me and my very fuzzy sight picture.

Ran flawlessly with Norma, CCI, GECO and WIN, all 40 grain. However, I found that going around the horn in dry fire on empty CCI cases makes ejection quite stiff.

Sights are not great for me in low light indoors, though. Terrible DAO 25 yard 20-round group. Outdoors in steel challenge should be a lot better. (Optimism!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Update- Good news.

Slightly better light and proper corrective lenses (ok, readers) shrank the groups considerably in today's session. Bad news. Those glasses (which are French and round) make me look like Peabody. Or is it Sherman? One of those two. Actually they make me look like George C. Scott, midway through Patton, but without the cool uniform.

Tightest 5 shot group, jaw-droppingly enough, was with cheap and nasty smelling Aguilla high-velocity 40-grain copper washed cartridges, under 1" in DA at 15 yards.

Good news is that this ammo was quite cheap when I bought it years ago and I have something like 4K rounds of it left. Bad news is that the retch-inducing hideous miasma resulting from every shot has me looking for the rabid cat that must have whizzed all over the floor at the range after eating 13 pounds of asparagus. Sautéed in garlic.

(And I'm one of those people who is NOT offended by the scent of Ballistol.)

But, I digress.

Overall, this little snake gun is boringly reliable, no FTF's, and if anything the trigger is smoother after 500 rounds. Cleanup is easy, too.

However, it does NOT like a second strike on previously fired rims- just one or two is enough to require use of a whacking implement to dislodge the extractor star. Basically the rim gets slightly swaged into the space between cylinder and extractor when you do that, and if I were to whack the end of the rod with the requisite force required with my palm, as I was taught in Days Gone Way By, I might well end up leaving the range with a hole I didn't have when I arrived. It's not exactly a big diameter ejector rod, after all. So, I need to count, I guess. Kinda like when I try to shift my motorcycles into 7th gear.

Or maybe I ought to give Colt a call, because one would possibly be forgiven for thinking it probably shouldn't behave that way.

Small updates: I am not alone in finding second strikes on empties can and usually will tie up the extractor- a fellow club member has the same thing going on. I am surprised not to have found this mentioned elsewhere.

The SpeedBeez kit is THE BOMB. Works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List