Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt King Cobra Target .22

Site Supporter

Colt King Cobra Target .22

Despite the press of current events, this is still Pistol Forum. As such Colt has announced a new DA .22 target revolver in conjunction with the NRA show.

Name:  King Cobra target 22.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  46.3 KB

We're proud to introduce our newest snake gun—the King Cobra Target 22 LR at the National Rifle Association Annual Meetings.

From competition to plinking and small game hunting, this baby Cobra does it all and packs 10-rounds of 22 LR in its cylinder. Exceptionally solid and all-American built, the King Cobra Target 22 LR was designed and made to be shot—a lot! The King Cobra Target 22 LR features US forged stainless steel construction. The one-piece stainless steel barrel is built for the utmost accuracy, topped with an adjustable target rear sight, fiber optic front sight, and Hogue® overmolded rubber grips.

"We are very excited to debut this new baby snake to our customers at NRA Annual Meetings,” said Justin Baldini, VP of Product Strategy, Colt CZ-USA. “Shooting 22LR is such an important part of shooting sports. It's where we come to learn as a beginner; and where we return as seasoned shooters to cost-effectively enjoy more time at the range. We're confident that new and old Colt fans will love what we've done with the new King Cobra in .22LR."

The King Cobra Target 22 LR is available with 4-inch and 6-inch barrel lengths, and both feature a 1:16RH rifling twist. For more information, head to our YouTube channel to watch the video or get a hands-on look at #NRAAM in booth #2614.

Oyea… I like the sounds of that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

A red dot mount for the barrel rib would be a nice addition to that gun. I’ve got a Millet barrel rib mount on my Dan Wesson .357 Supermag holding an Ultradot sight and it works great but is antiquated compared to the MRDS available today.

I've been trying to find one of the now discontinued 4" GP100 .22LRs, because the 5.5" gun is unnecessarily long. I was about to settle for buying a Smith 617, but I'm reticent because...well...we've seen Smith's quality issues. I even considered a Taurus, but the only offer a 9-shooter.

So, when I saw this, this morning, on IG I was pretty stoked. Add a 4" one to the list with the 3" Python, the next year is going to be a 'spensive revolver year (oh well).

What a cool little revolver.

Shades of the Diamondback!

Nice little piece.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I’d love to see this revolver in 32 H&R.

Want.

However it won't be readily available in CA unless/until we get the stupid roster thing sorted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Want.

However it won't be readily available in CA unless/until we get the stupid roster thing sorted.
    Could you get around that by having an FFL convert them to single action, sell them and then have someone else converted back to double action?

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
    Want.

My guess/hope is that Colt will submit it for rostering soon. Rumor has it that the Anacondas are in process...

-- Michael

User Tag List