Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt King Cobra Target .22

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Could you get around that by having an FFL convert them to single action, sell them and then have someone else converted back to double action?
    Not anymore. Face to face purchases of "used" off-roster handguns are still allowed in California, but in practice that usually means a big markup by people who always seem to have a few off-roster new in box items they suddenly decided they don't want to keep. Only LE can buy them new in state, or they can be brought in by someone moving here.

It's theoretically still possible for a manufacturer to add a revolver to the roster, however a fairly recent law requires that three be removed for every one added. That's effectively shut down anything new, only one handgun has been added in all of this year so far. The restriction has been challenged in court of course, https://www.courthousenews.com/gun-l...ster-advances/ who knows how many years that will take to get through appeal and en banc.

Because Colt got in the game late, they have only nine on there, the 4 and 6 inch Pythons just squeeked in. No 3 inch Python, no Anaconda's. It's especially absurd that a 22 LR target revolver almost certainly won't be added. I checked, no exemption for rimfire.

Ironically, it's pushed me to buy more 50+ year old stuff. I have an 03 FFL for C&R, and a state Certificate of Eligability, can walk out the door same day, no 10 day wait, with old stuff or can buy them out of state and bring them back in person and register within something like 7 days. So the last 22 LR revolver I bought was a 1952 vintage pre-model 17.

Wonder what Colt Officer's Model 22LR C&R's are selling for, do I even want to know....
    Last edited by Salamander; 05-27-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Well that’s something I didn’t need to know about. Despite wanting a KCT for my 4” .357 “collection”, I’d get this first and shoot it more than the .357.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Well that’s something I didn’t need to know about. Despite wanting a KCT for my 4” .357 “collection”, I’d get this first and shoot it more than the .357.
    They're going to sell lots of these, in places other than California.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Could you get around that by having an FFL convert them to single action, sell them and then have someone else converted back to double action?
    CA has tightened down on the single shot/single action revolver exemptions. Now the pistols have to be manufactured that way, not converted. Chiappa was doing this with Rhinos for a while. You could get one manufactured single action only, then drop in the double action cocking bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

It's theoretically still possible for a manufacturer to add a revolver to the roster, however a fairly recent law requires that three be removed for every one added. That's effectively shut down anything new, only one handgun has been added in all of this year so far. The restriction has been challenged in court of course, https://www.courthousenews.com/gun-l...ster-advances/ who knows how many years that will take to get through appeal and en banc.
    The 3-for-1 removal explicitly calls out pistols:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=31910.

7) The Department of Justice shall, for each semiautomatic pistol newly added to the roster pursuant to Section 32015, remove from the roster exactly three semiautomatic pistols lacking one or more of the applicable features described in paragraphs (4), (5), and (6) of subdivision (b) and added to the roster before July 1, 2022. Notwithstanding those paragraphs, each semiautomatic pistol removed from the roster pursuant to this subdivision shall be considered an unsafe handgun. The Attorney General shall remove semiautomatic pistols from the roster pursuant to this subdivision in reverse order of their dates of addition to the roster, beginning with the semiautomatic pistol added to the roster on the earliest date and continuing until each semiautomatic pistol on the roster includes each of the applicable features described in those paragraphs.

— Michael

It looks good but I'm going to wait for reviews to see how it holds up. For the same price I can get another S&W 617 and I know how to do all the modifications to it.

A lot depends on how smooth the trigger is and if someone makes speed loaders for it. I'd use it for Steel Challenge Matches so that's important to me.

As the former owner of an electroless nickel Trooper MK III in .22 LR, I am interested and very very cautious. My old Trooper could not extract CCI cases even after a trip to Colt. Almost had to bend the ejector rod to get it to move. It was worth more as a collectible than a shooter, and I traded it for a 1948 K-22 and a lot of cash. Hopefully the new offering is better in that regard.

Are used to have a Colt diamondback 22. One of those things you regret having let go of.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like the MSRP is going to be $999.

Name:  DC38FD74-9186-4B4A-B91C-FFFB0EE2483F.jpeg
Views: 665
Size:  61.4 KB

@jetfire, have you handled one yet or have any information besides what’s in the press release?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are used to have a Colt diamondback 22. One of those things you regret having let go of.
    Same here. Bought a 6” brand new back in the late 70’s,early 80’s . Sold it in 2012 to help finance a new 1911. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

User Tag List