Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Maverick

Saw it last night. While a bit predictable, it is an incredible thrill ride with amazing action, measured fan service, and good casting. Well worth the money to see it on the big screen and I would happily see it again.

The theater was packed! Haven't seen it like that in a very long time. People were dressed in flight suits and there was clapping and cheering.

Last night surfing channels and landed on TG running on TV and we watched a while. MrsMMc made the suggestion we go see the new one on our upcoming 38th anniversary. She completes me...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There was literally thirty minutes of commercials with a few previews after the start time, be warned.
    Must have just been your theater ours was into the opening scene at 10:08 on a 10:00 showtime.

Great show wouldn’t mind a second screening on imax after it dies down a little.

Hammertime
    Fabulous flick. Loved every moment. It is as good as the original was bad. Which is to say really really good.

Going to see it next week. Doing the Netflix version 1 before as the boy hasn't seen the first one yet. Can't wait.

My wife and I saw it earlier today and both really enjoyed it.

The Drinker likes it!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There was literally thirty minutes of commercials with a few previews after the start time, be warned.
    That’s been the case for the two movies I watched at AMC theaters in the last year.

Site Supporter
    Wife and I saw it yesterday with a buddy who was a fighter pilot in Gulf War (1). He was totally jazzed afterwards, especially about the canyon flying. Specifically about the realism and cinematography.

They only abused the old plot lines a little. The love story line wasn't as much of the movie as the first one. Miles Teller and his cheesy mustache was an excellent match for what you'd expect Gooses son to look like.

Overall 8 thumbs up from my crowd.

Add me to the "See it again in IMAX" list.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Fantastic.

User Tag List