Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Just saw it at a movie theater in Belgrade Serbia of all places.

BEST MOVIE SEQUEL EVER!!!

The Star Wars OT doesn’t count.
    (ahem) Alien and Aliens.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Terminator 2
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Star Trek II... if we're going by superiority to the first movie.

Pfftt....

Godfather II!

A close 2nd would be....

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    My son (5yo) saw Top Gun 2 in the IMAX with the wife and I awhile back. The next day he watched the original on a streaming service. Then he was qll about playing jets and stuff... so we watched Iron Eagle together.

This kid is obsessed. The original is his 100 time movie. Just like me as a kid. I had posters of fighter planes all over my room. I needed glasses, sso I wound up in the Army instead. I'm happy to see him excited about the same stuff as me.
    I contend this is an under rated, campy gem of the airplane centric movie genre. I loved it as a kid, still like it as an adult, and it got me hooked on Spencer David Group.

The green screen effect is hilarious (I'm guessing old VHS tapes hid that better than modern digital transcripts, as I don't remember it being THAT bad), but the flying is on point. Apparently the pilot was Art Scholl. The man could fly, no doubt.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 06-14-2022 at 04:34 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I contend this is an under rated, campy gem of the airplane centric movie genre. I loved it as a kid, still like it as an adult, and it got me hooked on Spencer David Group.

The green screen effect is hilarious (I'm guessing old VHS tapes hid that better than modern digital transcripts, as I don't remember it being THAT bad), but the flying is on point. Apparently the pilot was Art Scholl. The man could fly, no doubt.
    I was always sort of pissed Iron Eagle never got the play that Top Gun did. I thought it was a better movie and face it: F16s fly circles around F14s

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I was always sort of pissed Iron Eagle never got the play that Top Gun did. I thought it was a better movie and face it: F16s fly circles around F14s
    Script wasn't as good.
    Star power of Lou Gossett Jr. != Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards, Michael Ironside, Tom Skerritt, Kelly McGillis.
    Budget was higher and it grossed (a lot!) less.

Still for what it is, it's a good movie. Also, the music had lots of big names, like Queen.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Excellent movie, the missus and I saw it last weekend. I think they did a great job paying homage to the original Top Gun while still putting out a good movie.

Seeing the final Jurassic Park this weekend.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Seeing the final Jurassic Park this weekend.
    Save your money. I walked out about 45 minutes into it. They should have stopped with Jurassic World in 2015.

Site Supporter
    Took our younger kid to Maverick today. Worth seeing 2x, for fans. Maybe for others, too. Enjoyed it, got to see some things I’d missed the first time.

User Tag List