Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Maverick

Saw it on the IMAX which is the only way to see this movie. Love the flying scenes. Great action. Pretty predictable but good plot. Felt sorry for Val Kilmer but it was great that Tom Cruz asked for him to be in the picture.

It would be great if they made a prequel. Vietnam, Maverick’s father, Viper, F4s. One can hope.

Site Supporter
    Saw it last night with SWMBO. Very much enjoyed it!

As a grown up kid who walked downtown with my best friend to watch the original Top Gun in the theater (we didn’t have drivers licenses or cars yet), this was nostalgic and paid homage to the first, but had a much deeper personal story line and even better flying.

We will probably see it again soon.

Damn, dudes. I was sort of going to give this one a pass in the theaters, but it’s clear that I need to rethink that.

And they say that P-F is only good for enabling redundant pistol purchases.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I hadn't planned on seeing it, but my sister's family asked me along, so to the mall I went.

Glad I did- I was pleasantly surprised. It is to modern movies what Maverick was to the young upstarts in dogfighting.

And Jennifer Connelly still looks amazing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My back yard. Let the hate flow through you.

https://www.kiiitv.com/video/news/lo...6-6c68190acb28
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Do Maverick and Ice Man finally make out?

NTTAWWT

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Felt sorry for Val Kilmer but it was great that Tom Cruz asked for him to be in the picture.
    That is good. There is a movie on Amazon Prime called 'Val' that is pretty interesting (and at times hard) to watch. I did not know about his health issues.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Real interesting to me was it was basically the same plot as the sequel to its fellow 1986 film Iron Eagle. It is Iron Eagle II without Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It was great. Go see it.
    Yes it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And Jennifer Connelly still looks amazing.
    Yes she does.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List