Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Really Don’t Like Semiautomatics, But Love My Revolvers!

I'm trying the immersion method as well.
    Fitting a new hammer
    Name:  IMG_20210824_165345.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  44.7 KB
    Reloading
    Name:  IMG_20220222_115005.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  30.3 KB

He comes to shoot matches and helps me reload my speed loaders.

I quiz him often
    "what do you do if you see a gun?"
    "Don't touch it."
    "What do you do if I say it's ok?"
    "Check the chamber"

Then I ask him to tell me how to check the chamber since he's not strong enough to yet.

As for revolvers vs autos. I'm carrying a 1911 right now. I like them both. I'm keeping my double stack 9s only because I'm sure someday he'll want to at least try them.

I need a holster for his nerf gun now
    Name:  IMG_20220526_095824.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  31.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There was a kid down the street whose parents would not let him play with guns. When he turned 18, he bought a cap pistol. I would not be surprised if he now has a hell of a gun collection.
    Mom wouldn’t let me have guns, wouldn’t let us have toy guns, and barely tolerated my uncle (Vietnam vet) teaching me to shoot a .22 rifle, or my father (LEO) teaching me to shoot a .22 pistol.

I turned 21 and all of that nonsense ended.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My, once extremely liberal, pacifist, sister said, before her first son was born, that he wasn't going to play with toy guns.

She let go of that before he was 4. His 6th, 8th, and 10th birthday parties were all NERF gun parties. My sister organized them and even sewed ammo pouches up for the kids (and adults) to carry spare darts in.

And you know, it wouldn't surprise me if neither of her boys ever has more than a pistol and a .22 rifle. They both like toy guns and shooting stuff, but they just aren't crazy about guns like their uncle is. It's not their passion. And that's okay, they can handle firearms safely and can shoot them. And I know they'll each have a rifle and a pistol, because I have the rifles and the pistols in the safe. In fact, I have a .22 rifle and a centerfire handgun for each of my three nephews and my niece.
    A minister at our church said when his first son was born, his wife said no guns.

By age 2 he was shooting the toilet plunger, at which point Ken said we can get home a toy gun, or continue to let him play with that nasty thing.

If science ever looks closely enough at the Y chromosome, they’ll find it full of guns.

At 7 Dad started me shooting, Winchester 62 pump .22, Savage 311 , 12 gauge, P 08 9mm.

At 12 S&W #28 Highway Patrolman 6”. He allowed me to shoot a good bit. I never minded the recoil of .357 SuperVel in a N frame.

From 12 I shot a lot unsupervised.

At 14 bought me a H&R 999 Sportsman .22.

Dad did not like toy guns, thought they encouraged carelessness. I had cap guns as a child but did not point them at people. He was not a big gun guy but encouraged me to learn firearm’s skills.

User Tag List