Thread: Sig P320 - XTen is now out

Sig P320 - XTen is now out

Sig P320 XTen

10mm, catching up with Glock and S&W M&P 10mms...their P220 10mm is nice, if a bit chonky...I wonder if it'll be more reliable with heavier loads?

So this means that an X grip module for the larger FCU is now available. If I stay in LE I may have to go back to 45 ACP.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Sig P320 XTen

10mm, catching up with Glock and S&W M&P 10mms...their P220 10mm is nice, if a bit chonky...I wonder if it'll be more reliable with heavier loads?
    No. Sig Factory loads are 180 @1250 FPS. I wouldn’t expect it to run anything hotter than that.

I think it’s safe to say that factories can’t/won’t design a recoil operated pistol that functions with “all the 10mm loads”. Because if you make it to run ots 10mm ammo it will be undersptung for heavy loads and the majority of guns sold might get 2 $40 boxes of ammo run through them their entire lives.

Like @HCM likes to say gun companies exist to make money, not guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    No. Sig Factory loads are 180 @1250 FPS. I wouldn’t expect it to run anything hotter than that.

I think it’s safe to say that factories can’t/won’t design a recoil operated pistol that functions with “all the 10mm loads”. Because if you make it to run ots 10mm ammo it will be undersptung for heavy loads and the majority of guns sold might get 2 $40 boxes of ammo run through them their entire lives.

Like @HCM likes to say gun companies exist to make money, not guns.
    I would love to see a shorter barrel variant, and then a PMM or equivalent barrel and comp, which might be happy with those hot loads. Depends on whether the fat meplat stuff feeds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Has anyone here gotten any hands on with one of these yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ydennekb View Post
    Has anyone here gotten any hands on with one of these yet?
    Yes. Buddy who is a 10mm fan picked one up. He called complaining that it was hitting about 3 inches low at 15 yards and needed to go back. He invited me over for a second opinion. He no longer believes it needs to go back, but it does trend to the right for POI.

Likes: The grip is fantastic, very HK USP like, flat sides track well. FS was great. Crisp trigger, super soft shooting using Armscor. Didn't pay attention to bullet weight.

Dislikes: Straight, flat faced trigger. Not my thing, feels wrong the entire press. RS had an almost domed top, visually appeared off to me with the only flat edge being the FS top.
    Taking a break from social media.

Good to hear! I’m looking at this as a woods gun when I’m fishing in the mountains. Did you happen to check out the case support of the barrel?

User Tag List