Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 49

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

Glock 49

It looks like Glock might drop a new pistol.

Looks like a 19 with a 17 length slide with a dust cover, kind of like the 47. If this has already been covered, sorry. I have been working a lot lately and out of the loop.

Name:  glock49.jpg
Views: 1884
Size:  69.7 KB

I think that will be a winner, especially if they sell it with a 15+2 mag included, to create a sort of pseudo G17 "2 guns in 1" / "compact and fullsize" package.

Site Supporter
    I received an email today from Talo that the Glock model 49 was dropping. This model is Glock 17 length slide on. Glock 19 frame.
    Name:  E93AFC38-EBAD-4831-A9D1-A9E0CFF387A7.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  31.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    My LGS got their first shipment of Glock 49s. I handled one and liked it enough put it on layaway.

Shooting impressions

Anyone have any range time with this?
    Wondering how it compares to a 19 and 47

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My LGS got their first shipment of Glock 49s. I handled one and liked it enough put it on layaway.
    Got to handle one tonight at my range; if it had been blue label I would have walked out with it.

I had just gotten done shooting a G19 and G47 back-to-back, which emphasized why I think this is going to be a Goldilocks pistol for me: the G19 hump fills out my grip more, but I prefer the cycling impulse of the G47. Since I carry a G17-length JMCK George anyway, there will be zero difference in carry.

This was the Glock lots of people claimed they wanted for a long time. Granted, a lot of that was in the pre AIWB era. We'll see if the sales numbers play that out..

It makes more sense than the 19 slide on the 17 grip did as someone who has carried a 17 for years on duty and never once thought the duty holster was too long.

Site Supporter
    For me the heel of the 17 grip works slightly better for me than the 19 but the shorter slide of the 19 is more comfortable AIWB than the 17.

A Gen 5 47 MOS is my next Glock purchase for those reasons.

I'm tempted to abandon my typical advice to wait a year on a new model before buying one...

User Tag List