Thread: PSA - cracked Dillon powder measure body

PSA - cracked Dillon powder measure body

I'm running a 1050 with Mark VII Autodrive. I must have loaded north of 150K rounds with this setup. Recently developed severe powder leakage and upon disassembly found a large crack in the body. I suspect this crack had been developing for some time since I found myself having the fiddle with the height of the die over the last several weeks. When I reassembled with a new die body I had to dramatically raised the powder measure. The 1050 isn't under warranty, but the part was $50 with shipping and arrived very quickly.

I have broken a few of the older style but not since the redesigned version that they came out with about 20 years ago. These were on a Dillon 550 so they were free of charge.

The old design had a screw that would shear if the case bottomed out the measure and continued to put pressure on the powder funnel. This usually happened if I was loading 38 special and a 357 would sneak into the pile of brass. About the 3rd time it happened, the part that held the screw cracked.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List