Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holosun 509T maxxed out elevation

I have a 509T X2 that maxed out in elevation adjustment on a Chip Wiz MOS plate on G45. It was just a bit high, probably only an inch so not functionally that big of a deal. I swapped it onto a 92 LTT and it zeroed fine with extra room for adjustment. In this case, I just put a different 509T X2 on the Glock, which worked. I think there is some tolerance stacking combined with a somewhat limited range of elevation or windage adjustment that sometimes just doesn't work for certain pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    These photos have the .019 shim under the Weaver base. With the shim, I am almost in the center of the adjustment range.
    Attachment 89567
    Attachment 89568

I thought the same thing about the angle being noticeable but I could not see an anomaly. With the shim installed I can see a slight angle produced. The math says that the shim ought to move POI 32.5" at 100 yards. That equates to just over half a degree. The laser bore sighter seems to confirm something along those lines. I'll try to get out and shoot it tomorrow. I have to agree about a problem with the scope mount but can't figure out what it is. If it was the revolver, I can't see it shooting as well as it does. Thanks for your help.
    I had the 29-2 out for session with the .019" shim and found the dot to pretty close to center of travel. Now I can work on a good load for it as I am not entirely happy with my 240 gr SWC performance. Thanks to all on this thread for info and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    In the case of the 509t, Holosun absolutely knocked if out of the park with their 509t to MOS plate. It's steel, and it puts the optic very low on the slide. Here's how low, I had a Swampfox Liberty red dot with a C&H plate on the gun prior, and had to use Ameriglo 3XL sights to get the rear notch even with the deck of the optic. After switching to the 509t plus Holosun plate, those irons were damn near in the middle of the window. I had to order Ameriglo XL sights and that proved to be the perfect height. XL sights were usually the right choice for direct milled RMRs. I think if you went with this plate it would solve your elevation problem, I barely had to adjust mine to zero it.
    I'm baffled how Holosun could make such a shitty Aimpoint micro footprint mount on their 403/503 optics and make such an awesome plate for the MOS.
    I agree that the factory 509T MOS plate is surprisingly competently executed. No qualms with Holosun's optics, but I've also found the factory mounts to be disappointing. Not this one.

Update: I looked around and found that others have encountered similar problems when using the C&H plate as a result of the plate being thicker in the back(cant). I ordered a CNC Pros plate which puts the 509T as low as it can go in an MOS cut. Placing the optic into the mount quickly confirmed that the old plate did indeed have some cant and this one gives a lot more elevation adjustment. It now sits so low that I'll get even lower irons.

User Tag List