Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recoil spring rate

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have a slightly different way of looking at recoil spring weight. Unless the gun is compensated, it will not return by itself. The shooter’s muscles return the gun.

A heavier recoil spring can reduce muzzle flip and make it easier to return. But, it can also cause a dip as the slide slams forward.

A lighter recoil spring does the opposite.

I prefer springs that are heavier because I don’t have a problem with muzzle dip. But not super heavy. Eg. 12# on a Shadow2.

That’s the opposite of conventional wisdom among match shooters.

They build the gun and ammo to function on the lightest recoil spring that will feed reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    That’s the opposite of conventional wisdom among match shooters.

They build the gun and ammo to function on the lightest recoil spring that will feed reliably.
    Depends on what type of gun and match. I know a lot of high level uspsa shooters who don’t go super light on recoil springs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Maybe one of these would help?

https://arachnigrip.com/product/slid...-beretta-92fs/

I have an injured support hand, with very limited mobility, and this has helped quite a bit on the M&P's and the new 365 .380 that I have.

If I want to lock the slide back I usually will transfer the gun to my other hand . . . not sure if that would be okay in the situation you describe.

User Tag List