Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTI Introduces "Sand Viper" 2011 and 9mm Magnum?

TTI Introduces "Sand Viper" 2011 and 9mm Magnum?

Here's the latest 2011 by TTI...at about the 30 second mark he discusses that it shoots 9mm, 9mm Major and now TTI introducing 9mm Magnum.

9mm Magnum info below (TTI is clearly in need of a proofreader). The two piece case is intriguing - reminds me of the new 6.8mm SIG Fury round. Looks nearly like .357 SIG numbers.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.41.13 PM.jpg
Views: 3937
Size:  54.4 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Here's the latest 2011 by TTI...at about the 30 second mark he discusses that it shoots 9mm, 9mm Major and now TTI introducing 9mm Magnum.

9mm Magnum info below (TTI is clearly in need of a proofreader). The two piece case is intriguing - reminds me of the new 6.8mm SIG Fury round. Looks nearly like .357 SIG numbers.

The case is Shell Shock Technologies well proven Nas3 case, which are rated to 65kpsi:

The cases are well suited to high pressure use:

There should be no technical problem to achieving those ballistics using these cases; it's just ensuring that these '9mm magnum' loads dont end up in guns not rated for it.

Am I wrong to just want a 1911/Commander/2011 in 9x23mm Winchester and decent ammunition?

9mm Magnum? Well isn't that Precious.

.38 Super called to let Taran know...it hurls 125-grain bullets at 1400fps all day long. You can load exactly as many .38 Supers in the exact same magazine as you load 9x19. And oh it has existed since 1929.

At a match this weekend, two 9 major Open shooters were showing me these two part cases, which are ideal for the high pressure 9 major loads.

This new pistol is aimed at two groups of shooters — first group being two and three gun competitors, and the second group is anyone with $7k to drop on a “Staccato killer.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    9mm Magnum? Well isn't that Precious.

.38 Super called to let Taran know...it hurls 125-grain bullets at 1400fps all day long. You can load exactly as many .38 Supers in the exact same magazine as you load 9x19. And oh it has existed since 1929.
    Should of named 9mm P...for Precious.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Clearly never heard of the 960 Rowland
    https://www.460rowland.com/shop/ammo...gr-penetrator/
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

Spelling much? LOL

Another advantage of the Nas3 shell shock case is that they're cheap to buy; about 1/2 the cost of starline brass.

-Case weighs 30gr instead of 60gr for brass, saving a bit of ammo weight
    -Rated for 65kpsi; can handle 9mm +p+ and Major well
    -Magnetic cases, so can pick up with a magnetic 'broom'
    -Cheaper then brass

All in all a better mousetrap. Especially if copper and brass prices continue to rise.

I'm surprised they haven't gotten more press since their introduction; one of the biggest evolutions in cartridge design we've seen in long time.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Another advantage of the Nas3 shell shock case is that they're cheap to buy; about 1/2 the cost of starline brass.

-Case weighs 30gr instead of 60gr for brass, saving a bit of ammo weight
    -Rated for 65kpsi; can handle 9mm +p+ and Major well
    -Magnetic cases, so can pick up with a magnetic 'broom'
    -Cheaper then brass

All in all a better mousetrap. Especially if copper and brass prices continue to rise.

I'm surprised they haven't gotten more press since their introduction; one of the biggest evolutions in cartridge design we've seen in long time.
    1) It did get press when it was released in 2017/18.
    2) Not sure where you're getting 1/2 the cost. Starline 9mm is $161/1000 and NAS3 is $110/1000.
    3) A major maker isn't bringing this tech out. Because the potential for HOT ammo that obliterates a Hi Point - they would never load it to it's potential.
    4) 7k gun
    5) Doesn't do anything other cartridges don't already do.
    6) The Precious

User Tag List