Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TTI Introduces "Sand Viper" 2011 and 9mm Magnum?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I am having a hard time expressing my extreme disinterest in yet another John Wick special, now with a new and unnecessary load. Who buys these things and do they really think a pimped out 2011 is a chick magnet?
    All about dem IG clicks, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    7K for a .357 Sig? Neato!
    Name:  73121206.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  66.3 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

PS: Also still not a big fan of hammering 45k+ PSI loads through any pistol day after day.

Site Supporter
    The nineties called, they want their terrible combover and .356TSW back.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am short on time today, can somebody tell me if it is only Taran in that video, or the shooting ballerina too? Deciding whether to watch or not.
    This is a legitimate question, can someone please answer?

No persons with a precious are featured in the video. But what's your problem? Don't you think that gun makes Taran look hot?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am short on time today, can somebody tell me if it is only Taran in that video, or the shooting ballerina too? Deciding whether to watch or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    This is a legitimate question, can someone please answer?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    No persons with a precious are featured in the video. But what's your problem? Don't you think that gun makes Taran look hot?
    If I ever say Taran looks hot I can but hope someone takes pity on me and has me institutionalized immediately

The 9mm Magnum reminds me of the Seismic Ammo that is loaded with 185 grain 9mm hollow points in ShellShock cases.

That load does 900-950 fps from full size 9x19mm pistols. That matches some factory 45 Auto ballistics.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/am...o-185gr-m-9mm/

I'm also thinking of the Russian military overpressure, armor-piercing 9x19mm loadings.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...an-special-ap/

Since many modern 9mm pistols are based on larger .40 S&W or .45 Auto versions, the option of higher velocity or longer/heavier projectiles seems reasonable. Arbitrary hunting regulations might be one reason for seeking greater muzzle energy than typical 9x19mm offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    The 9mm Magnum reminds me of the Seismic Ammo that is loaded with 185 grain 9mm hollow points in ShellShock cases.

That load does 900-950 fps from full size 9x19mm pistols. That matches some factory 45 Auto ballistics.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/am...o-185gr-m-9mm/

I'm also thinking of the Russian military overpressure, armor-piercing 9x19mm loadings.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...an-special-ap/

Since many modern 9mm pistols are based on larger .40 S&W or .45 Auto versions, the option of higher velocity or longer/heavier projectiles seems reasonable. Arbitrary hunting regulations might be one reason for seeking greater muzzle energy than typical 9x19mm offers.
    Higher velocity / pressure is also desirable for the modern RDS equipped pistol, especially with compensator.

-Higher pressure makes the compensator more effective and more reliable
    -Higher velocity gives a greater effective range in terms of expansion range (ie distance to ~1050-1100fps)

Sadly, like 9x23 winchester, .356tsw, and .357 sig, I doubt this new "9mm magnum" aka factory 9mm Major will catch on. But its certainly cool to see another high performance cartridge/load come out.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    PS: Also still not a big fan of hammering 45k+ PSI loads through any pistol day after day.
    I'd be surprised if this induced much more wear then .357 SIG (itself a 40kpsi cartridge), 40 s&w, or .38 SuperComp.

User Tag List