Thread: P320 carry optics recommmendations, thoughts on accuracy issues

P320 carry optics recommmendations, thoughts on accuracy issues

Debating picking up some form of P320 for carry optics. I load exclusively coated bullets and really don't want to stop.

Seemed like the easy thing is just to buy the Max Michel model. Then I started reading about accuracy issues possibly related to coated bullets, maybe not.

Legion seems to be the same.

Is this an issue that has been fixed?

What about the AXG frame? I'd probably like the aluminum. Does the AXG have the weight in the grip the legion and MM model?

Shot Shadow 2's a fair amount and actually would mind trying a lighter gun anyway, and I've seen brass grips that would bring the AXG weight pretty close to the Legion or MM...

I would get an AXG Pro, and then send the slide to Springer Precision. For $50 they will mill the slide to take their plate system, to which I would mount a Sig Romeo 3 or XL.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ever since they started selling the fire control units you could always go entirely after market for everything else if you wanted to.

Find a barrel that is known to work better with the bullets you like, get an AXG grip frame, buy a complete slide somewhere etc.

I love CZ but I do not like the idea of lowering the hammer on the Shadow 2 on every stage to compete in it. I know lots of people do it all the time and people say I'm blowing it out of proportion but the fact is it increases the odds of having an ND during the make ready from 0 to some non-zero number and that just doesn't seem worth it to me but I'm also a C class shooter. First match I ever shot in USPSA like 13 years ago was with a CZ75 BD with the decocker model for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would get an AXG Pro, and then send the slide to Springer Precision. For $50 they will mill the slide to take their plate system, to which I would mount a Sig Romeo 3 or XL.
    What is the advantage over the factory cut?

I think you were on of the people that I had read posting about accuracy issues with the legion slides. Are the AXG slides better, have you seen that they do not have the accuracy issues of the legion/MM?

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post

Shot Shadow 2's a fair amount and actually would mind trying a lighter gun anyway, and I've seen brass grips that would bring the AXG weight pretty close to the Legion or MM...
    Have you thought about a SP-01 Shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    What is the advantage over the factory cut?

I think you were on of the people that I had read posting about accuracy issues with the legion slides. Are the AXG slides better, have you seen that they do not have the accuracy issues of the legion/MM?
    Springer mod allows you to run a Romeo 3 Max, which is a superior competition optic.

Everything is better than a Legion five inch slide for accuracy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    Have you thought about a SP-01 Shadow?
    Kind of tired of CZ. Want to try something striker fired. I like the sig grips but I haven't tried the AXG.

Gray guns has a page about making custom made slides that should take care of the accuracy issues.

User Tag List