Page 56 of 145 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter Uvalde TX Elementary School

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post
    What is a reasonable expectation of an SRO when such a horrific situation blows up in their face?
    A reasonable expectation of a patrol cop?
    And then how do their responses compare to law enforcement that is specifically trained and equipped for this situation and battle hardened by real world experience?
    And then lastly, with all those vastly different skill sets present who should take charge of the situation?

This thread has been far more useful than any of the news outlets in trying to get a handle on what happened and why. I appreciate everyones input and I always come here to get the OTHER side of the story.
    Our SRO expects to either kill the guy or die trying.

I don't know if I put it here or another forum but some locals have told me that weird f*cks look at Columbine almost like the Mecca so that may not be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    Okay.
    What do you think of the guy who comes up to you after you pull into the gate and says he has a private pilots license, then proceeds to inform you of all the things you did wrong on the flight?

Bad news - that's you.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You’re on the wrong track with this. The DOJ probe is about bigger issues such as leader ship and preparation failure, and potentially obstruction of justice and public corruption.

Keep in mind, my understanding is DOJ has only done reviews of two prior active shooter incidents, San Bernardino and pulse night club both of which have a pencil national security implications. I am not suggesting there were any national security implications here but rather it takes something more than individual cops not pushing hard enough to trigger this type of review.
    I'm not on any track. Just find it interesting...it being an election year.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Wonder how his "peer reviews" read.
    I wonder how his next peer reviews will read?

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    What do you think of the guy who comes up to you after you pull into the gate and says he has a private pilots license, then proceeds to inform you of all the things you did wrong on the flight?

Bad news - that's you.
    If the flight had just crashed, and he'd filed apparently not-accurate reports about it for 3 days, he might have to swallow his pride a little bit. If he'd stuck the landing, probably the clueless guy wouldn't be there trying to figure his shit out for him.

So far, we’ve stayed on track, and that’s thanks to all of you. Please keep that up.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don't know if I put it here or another forum but some locals have told me that weird f*cks look at Columbine almost like the Mecca so that may not be a bad idea.
    That’s my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There was a proposal a couple of years ago to raze Columbine and rebuild for just this very reason. Ultimately it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So far, we’ve stayed on track, and that’s thanks to all of you. Please keep that up.
    Given how strong emotions are around such a horrific event it is a very pleasant surprise. I think the SMEs that have chimed in on the nuances of everything from jurisdictional authority to door breaching techniques deserve our thanks and a lion's share of the credit for this.

User Tag List